Thread: It has been ages (bad times)

Default It has been ages (bad times)

Hello All,

Its been a very long time since I last posted something.

We had our EOI selected this year and when this happened we were absolutely thrilled and as a consequence we looked at ways of saving money so we could eventually emigrate with some money behind us.

We were renting at the time and we managed to find another property (a flat) in Manchester which was much cheaper. Cheaper rent, gas, electric, water, tax etc etc.

Sadly, this was the worst move we made in our lives. Yes that bad. Without going to much into it we had major problems with the resident below us who lived in a 'masionette' (basically house below and we lived in 1st floor flat).

The move was so bad, and things turned really sour on numerous occasions, in a very deprived area of Manchester. We signed up-to a twelve month contract.

We had to move out at month three and this cost us an absolute fortune! we wrote to NZIS to inform them that we can not continue with the application.

Now... I know many people probably frown on us for missing out on the application, although i did request that another application should be accepted. However, we will be in a much stronger position in January next year to submit a EOI.

This is something we have both wanted to do for 10+ years and have visited NZ many times. What are our chances this time??? will we be frowned upon by NZIS???

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ddomh1; 12th December 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Hey, I wondered what had happened to you. Feel your pain with the flat issue, I really do. At EOI stage then it's a simple points equation, so that won't make any difference. At ITA then there are several opportunities to add information to the application, either in the covereing letter, on the ITA form or in the interview. However NZIS still work to a process and there's nothing in there to my knowledge that says a previous application will be seen as negative. What you did was to withdraw as you were getting everthing sorted in the UK to increase youir chances of being successful in NZ. Why should that count against you?

Really hope the new year is a better one for you.

SO sorry for you. (((()))) Our daughter suffered terrible disturbance from the tenant of the flat below hers also, and had medical problems for more than a year as a result of the stress.

I agree with Duncan, that there is no stigma attached to stopping your first attempt at EOI. Wishing you much better luck next time.

Thanks J&M + Duncan74,

You are right J&M, it led to lots and lots of stress, verging on depression. We ended up in a hotel for two weeks, then spent 2k for one months rent at short notice. On top of it all other half lost job. You know, there are TV shows now and again showing nightmare neighbors. Didn't read to much in-to at the time, now i have seen it first hand.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, it has put my mind at rest a lot.

Glad you are both doing OK, hope 'things' are going well for you Duncan in NZ. I'm currently catching up on old posts to see how people are doing

Take care.