Thread: Some visa questions (UK-NZ) - LTSSL visa and de-facto partner?

Default Some visa questions (UK-NZ) - LTSSL visa and de-facto partner?

Hi all. This looks a very informative forum, and I have been reading a lot. However I would like to ask some advice, as I am trying to get my head around the Visa application process and the forms.

My partner and I are both UK citizens and want to move to NZ for one or two years (initial plan) so do not need residency. We both need to be able to work. My partner has been offered a job (:-)), and this has come with a form INZ 1113 (pre filled in by employer), to be sent to the NZ High Commission in London. I understand this is a "Talent (Long Term Skill Shortage List) Work Visa" (?) and valid as long as the job contract is for. It looks like she will also have to fill in an INZ 1015 form?

We are hoping I can also get a visa through a "de-facto partnership" attached to her Visa. I have seen the form INZ 1146 which looks like I might need to fill in? And somewhere along the line prove we have been living together for 12months+ etc. Can we submit all these forms at the same time? Am I correct in thinking that a de-facto partner can be joined to the visa you get from an INZ 1113 - I am reading seemingly conflicting evidence.

My brain is pretty fried from reading these forms all afternoon so any clarification or correction would be great. It would be nice not to have to pay lots for an advisor if we don't have to. If I cannot get a de-facto spouse Visa I would look at a working holiday I imagine, but it would be nice to go out on the same kind of visa.

Thanks for any help!

Hello and welcome.

This is the page with the information you need. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm Scroll down to the part marked Your partner has a New Zealand work visa and you will find links that apply to you, then there is another, about actually applying, at the very bottom of the page. You as her partner cannot be on THE SAME visa as she is, but you are entitled to have a work visa that matches hers, so you can be there while she is. And yes, you do have to prove that you have lived together for twelve months or more, and all the detail about proving that is also given.

And I forgot to say, you should send in the forms applying for your Work visa in with her application for the Talent visa, and INZ will see that they all relate to the same couple and process them together.

JandM, many thanks for the informative reply. I will take a good look through that site - that was a page I hadn't come across.
    I daresay I will be back to ask some questions in due course, but I will try to make them as well informed as possible! For example, I am trying to find the cost of my work visa, and the closest I can find on the Office and Fees Finder is "Work Visa - Partnership (partners of a NZ citizen/resident)". However, my partner, on a Talent or LTSSL visa I didn't think would be a citizen or resident?

No, you're right, that's not you.

I found this, though, on page 5 of this booklet. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...vember2010.pdf
    Work - Partnership visa fees
    The work visa fees for ‘Work – Partnership’ on page 8 are
    for applications from partners of New Zealand citizens or
    residents. If you are applying on the basis of partnership
    with a non-New Zealand citizen or resident, for example a
    work visa holder, the ‘Work – Other’ fee will apply.
    And Work Visa - other does appear on page 8. (You'll need to read the explanations near the beginning of the meaning of the prices in the different columns.)

That makes sense. And its cheaper than I expected :-)
    Thanks again for the help.