Thread: New Zealand Work Experience Verification

Default New Zealand Work Experience Verification

I wud like to apply for Skilled Migrant Category of New Zealand's immigration. I have 3 years of work experience. DO I have to face ANY interview with immigration authority for my work experience or job. Do they always physically visit the workplace of a candidate and take interviews? What sort of questions do they ask, does it relate to my work or general questions?

One more thing, do I need to show income tax documents of my earnings?

Hello and welcome.

If you apply for a visa under the Skilled Migrant Route, and your application has enough points to be selected without your having a job offer in NZ, then the Case Officer will probably interview you to make a judgement on how likely you are to be able to find work and settle in NZ - so, not about in particular about your past or present work.

(You should do a search on the forum about Interview Questions, and you will see the range of subjects likely to be covered.)

Here is the INZ overview of the Skilled Migrant process. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ew/default.htm

You would have to provide evidence of your work experience.

What the evidence is varies from one person to another, but I have never heard of anyone from INZ visiting a workplace.

Some people have submitted tax records.

Others have given a letter from their employer stating start and finish dates, hours worked, exact responsibilities.

Again, searches on the forum will give you some examples.

Hello and welcome

You can provide tax records, salary statements, bank statements (if they show name of the employer), appointment letter, etc... We had also taken a letter from our current employer (then). We were told by our CO that they may call the references we had provided but they didn't. I have not heard of INZ visiting anyone's workplace.

Get letter from all your employers stating your roles & responsibilities plus everything mentioned in above responses.