Thread: CV's - anyone know where i can obtain an example CV

Default CV's - anyone know where i can obtain an example CV

I keep reading a lot about they type of CV generally accepted by NZ employees and that it differs slightly from our format. Does anyone know where i can obtain an example CV for me to look at please?

Also, i have read that references are generally required for each and every job that you may have had. Over the years (18) i have worked for 4 employees. I know i could get references from at least two, one of which is my current employer, but have not got conatct details for the others. How bigger problem would this pose?

The other two that i would be unable to find have merged or no longer around.

Any thoughts please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary2355 View Post
    Also, i have read that references are generally required for each and every job that you may have had. Over the years (18) i have worked for 4 employees. I know i could get references from at least two, one of which is my current employer, but have not got conatct details for the others. How bigger problem would this pose?

The other two that i would be unable to find have merged or no longer around.

Any thoughts please?
    I had employer's reference letters for all my professional jobs I had ever held when applying here. (It is common in Europe where I am from.) However I needed to provide certified translations which I only submitted for the major jobs. This was absolutely acceptable and did not pose any problems.

Just provide the information as above: "Merged" with new contact details if available or "shut down". Make sure though that those references you can provide are without flaws.

I just had my CV done (and landed a job!) I found a lot of information from just googling cv. Also, Seek (www.seek.co.nz) has information on cv's as well.

As for references, my experience (OH and I) we only needed the names and numbers or emails and fax. Not actual written ones.

Also, I did not need them from each and every job. The norm seems to be to provide 3-4 mixed. Personal and business references.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

There are some useful templates here too:
    http://www2.careers.govt.nz/cv_cover...templates.html

Regards references, so far I have only been asked for managers' details for the last 2 jobs (covering the last 6 years). Hubby didn't have any contact details for anyone at his last job but one - they were all made redundant and scattered to the four winds - but the job prior to that was sufficient.

They're not interested in written references, just contact details, and in cases where the manager has moved on they have been happy with home or new work details.

Different emplyers will have different desires. Part of that is related to CV and references. There is a general feel that where in the UK 1-2 pages is a good CV, 5 pages is in the bin, then in general the opposite seems to be the case over here. However, in some companies / industries there are a lot (majority) of expats, and so there you may be fine (better?) with the UK style. A 'UK' 1 pager with the 5 page everything you've ever done behind may work with both.