Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still not sure where to live in North Island

Quote Originally Posted by lianne newman View Post
    we've been looking at hamilton in waikato seems perfect for us just the righ tmix of urban and rural life
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

We love living in Tauranga. Excellent lifestyle with fantastic weather, beaches, shops, cafes, hiking and enough of a city to have all you need without being overly huge and crowded. Still has a rural feel on the surrounds.

I just moved from CA to North Shore City is also a good location. Many beaches, cool breeze all the time. If job location is not a problem I would suggest you to consider North Shore City.

I visit many places for work I cannot say which one is better all NZ is good! LOL.

I would love to live anywhere where I could wake up & see Kapiti Island. I live in Levin - maybe one day we can build/get a house where I can see Kapiti & the Tararua's!

I like paraparaumu & raumati too. Or Whitby?

surely a job will dictate?

we have lived in Wellington and Auckland we currently live in the North Shore and love the location, equally I liked the look of Kapati but this was not practical in commute terms to my job at Welly Hospital with school age children and childcare etc
    What do you want? are you a young 20 something that wants bars etc or do you like a piece of rural haven/beach life?

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    surely a job will dictate?
    You know that's just what I think everytime I read a new thread titled "Where should I live?"

Either people have readily 'transportable jobs' (like a GP or school teacher - though even with these the smaller the place the less the opportunity) or are prepared to do any job which sort of begs the question about visa's or have enough money not to worry (or are retired)

I would love to live in a place with all the amenities of Auckland, the vibrancy of Wellington, the access to the South island of Christchurch, the weather of Nelson/Tauranga, an dbeaches and rivers and skiing nearby, and great schools, and ........but in the end the choice was easy...I went were the work was!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12