Thread: Storage in Chch

Default Storage in Chch

how do, lovely ENZers

It now seems very unlikely that we'll have a place of our own by the time our container arrives - though it has been delayed by a week, so you never know. Small as MiL's house has become (currently sustaining 250% of its usual population), we're comfy here and they're happy for us to hang about for a while longer, rather than go renting.

Sooo... we're considering the need to rent a roughly 20' container-sized garage for all our stuff. The new ETA in Lyttleton is 7 Jan 2011, so maybe needed 1-2 weeks later?

I need to dig out our paperwork to see whether we need to find somewhere between arrival and MAF inspection, or whether NZ Vanlines do that part.. but anyway, recommendations for storage would be gratefully received esp for the W/SW/S of the city (as we're based in Hillmorton for the moment)

ta muchly, Soph x

Hi Sophie,
    There's a bunch of small places on Hallswell junction road, down between Main South Road and Springs Road. There's also a big storage place on Blenheim road where Curletts crosses over. Next to the Shell garage opposite Target furniture.
    Happy storing!

I might be less troulble to ask vanline to store the container for you. I imagime it would be a pain in rear end to move your belongings from storage to your new house.

I found what I thought was a nice house to rent when we arrived but come winter it was costing $800 a month to run the house excluding the $500 weekly rent. Dont let the persure of storing your items rush you into a house.

I know the manager at the local Storage King down on Ferry Road in Ferrymead. They have a few places around Christchurch. I think there is one on Blenhiem Road.
    Cheers

Our moving company stored ours for 6 weeks till our house was available. They transferred it from one container to another one and we're pretty certain that this was when the damage was done our broken bits and bobs

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Our moving company stored ours for 6 weeks till our house was available. They transferred it from one container to another one and we're pretty certain that this was when the damage was done our broken bits and bobs
    That's what we're worried about if NZ Vanlines keep it for us too, and after a quick ring around it would appear that unless they magically decide to give us some free storage they're actually more expensive than even the most expensive of my queries..

I'm waiting for some info back from the shippers before booking anything anyway