Thread: Activate PR

Default Activate PR

quick question - can we leave our toddlers in uk to quickly activate our Visa's. do we need to activate theirs. Could we just take their passports?! We don't have long left! I'm sure this is wishful thinking on my part, a last minute flight costs a fortune and a quick there and back with young children my worst nightmare! Any guidance appreciated. Got to be there by Jan 18th!

I've just been hunting on the INZ website to check my general impression on this, as of course there have been some slight changes to the regulations in some areas from 29th November onwards.

There's no specific mention here. (Paragraph R5.66 of this page.) http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i31002.htm

But I think it is necessary that everyone's visa is activated in person, in NZ.

Probably the best way to be certain is to look on the blue stickers in the children's passports.

If it says 'must not arrive after (x date)', then that's the clincher.

We all need to go and the flights are booked. We leave Christmas Day!
    We got an unexpected 2 week holiday. Auckland, Tauranga and Rotorua here we come!

Even though you didn't intend it, hope you have a great time regardless!

Make sure you book the Tauranga accommodation ASAP as it will be very busy in hotels over Xmas and January. Drop us a PM if you've any questions whilst you're here.

Thanks for the advice, we might try and get a camper and we have friends in Rotorua but if we need any advice I will definitely be in touch. I looked at the weather forecast, is it really raining everyday??!!