Thread: Designation change

Default Designation change

Hey all - nt sure if this was asked earlier, but anyway here is my question. any info is much appreciated.

I work in IT and my designation was senior developer when i applied for SMC.

I have been promoted recently and my designation is Technical Lead now. My CO asked for some work related documents frm my employer.

I got those docs but my role is mentioned as tech lead.

Do you think this will make any difference as the Long term list (or that list which has the job descriptions) doesnt have my specific role listed?

Ta

No, it won't be a problem. But according to the ITA agreement you are obliged to update the CO about any changes that affects the immigration process.

I'm not sure how a change in the designation affects the process, but it's always safe to update the CO.

I guess you have already received an official letter from your employer for the 'change of the designation'?

If not, get one from the employer and annex with your documents before sending to the CO.

Perhaps you can also mention about this in your cover letter and say that the above letter is annexed.

This will avoid any surprises.

/Beetle

Can't think of any reason for it to be problem, make sure you communicate this to your CO with updated/extended list of roles & responsibilities.

with updated/extended list of roles & responsibilities
    I think that's the important bit - get an official statement that makes it very clear the duties of your former job are included in and essential to your new and extended one.