Thread: Ielts - CO asked me to show IELTS score of 6.5

Default Ielts - CO asked me to show IELTS score of 6.5

Hi,
    During my interview I CO asked me to show IELTS score of 6.5, Does this means that only after showing the IELTS score the decision will be taken on my application?
    I also want to know about Approved in principle?

An IELTS score of 6.5 is a basic qualification for a residence visa, and approval can't be given without the CO seeing proof that you have it.

'Approved in principle' is defined as follows by the INZ operational manual.

R5.45 Approval in principle
    An application for a residence class visa is approved in principle at such time as an immigration officer is satisfied that all evidential and verification requirements necessary to demonstrate eligibility under the relevant instructions have been met with the exception of the payment of any ESOL tuition fee.
    The date of approval in principle is the date of the letter to the principal applicant or their agent advising that approval in principle has been given.
    If evidence that requirements have been met has not been submitted, or a fee or charge has not been paid within the period specified in the original letter advising of approval in principle, the application must be declined unless an immigration officer is satisfied that circumstances warrant extending that period.
    R5.45.1 Information received after approval in principle has been given

In accordance with the principles of fairness and natural justice provided in the Administration chapter (A1), principal applicants must be given the opportunity to comment on the basis of any potentially prejudicial information that comes to light after approval in principle, before a final decision on their eligibility under residence instructions (including Health and Character requirements) is made.
    Have you been told you have approval in principle, if you can prove your IELTS score? (Just guessing from your questions.)

I second what JandM said, IELTS is basic requirement for non-native English speakers. Did you fumble a lot during your interview?

Yes..

Oops!! I think you will need to submit the result and wait for them to assess in whichever way possible.