Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Americans - postal question

Default Attention Americans - postal question

Hi folks,

I've ordered something from the US for hubby for Christmas and its not arrived yet. I've emailed the company and they've given me a tracking number but not told me which company they used. I've emailed again but I think the time difference is causing a delay in them responding, never mind the fact that its quite a small company.

Does anyone recognise this format: LJ537100500US ???

Thanks in advance,
    Anneliese

NZ post tracking will get that.

I entered the number into google and a UPS link came up. This is what I got when I clicked on it:

Label/Receipt Number: LJ53 7100 500U S
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 14, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
    Last edited by Dell; 23rd December 2010 at 08:45 AM.

UPS had a deal with the post office, even within the U.S., where the package may leave the company by UPS but it's sent to the post office who then delivers it. This may be the case with your package.

NZ Post inbound tracking is kaput at the moment, but a google I did showed LJ as a US Post code (that then gets delivered by NZ Post).

But there was a big delay at Customs when i got something a few weeks back, and then the granade that closed Auckland Mail Centre down yesterday won't have helped. For info, then it took 2 weeks from posting to arrival ifrom 1 /12 posting to delivery. That was from the west coast too.

Thanks both! I tried NZ Post but it didn't like it (must have done something wrong). Oh well, I guess all I can do is keep fingers crossed that it arrives either later today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Anneliese

We got boxes from my mother in about 10 days when she mailed them to get here by the first week in December.

She sent a couple more boxes the first week of Dec. and they still have not arrived yet.

I hope this wasn't a present for under your tree??! Sorry if it was and it doesn't arrive!

Shipping just before XMAS is chaos and one should expect long delays, perhaps well after Xmas.

Standard tracking #s provide very little information. If shipped by USPS, then NZ post will handle the internal shipping in NZ. The problem is their tracking # system does not link up with USPS on a timely basis. Most of the time before you get any information to show on the NZ Post website (tracking), the parcel would of already arrived.

Shipping is expensive enough as is. To go with a more thorough tracking system say Fedex or Emery Worldwide would cost double again.

For whatever it's worth, we're in the same boat. Order shipped from New York at 4:23 pm on 16 December via USPS Express Mail International. What has happened since then, I haven't a clue. The package certainly has not yet arrived here...

With my stuff from USPS and then NZ Post the tracking showed when it left the US, then there was a 10 day silence before 'arrived in New Zealand' which was when it was sat in customs. Then it had regular 'clearance delay' whilst it waited for MAF, before finally clearing on Frday AM and being delivered on Tuesday.
    The only glitch in the tracking was that the MAF clearance reported on NZ POst tracking was reported as 'Attempted Delivery' by US Post, but the final 'arrived' was accurate (I wasn't in, so the email that I got to say it had been signed for was the first I knew it was at home).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast