Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric lawnmower?

Default Electric lawnmower?

I have an electric lawnmower that I would hate to leave in the U.S. Does anyone know if it will work in NZ with the right transformer? And how does one go about having it steam-cleaned? Thanks.
    Last edited by Dell; 23rd December 2010 at 08:57 AM.

You'd need a huge transformer, Dell & I don't imagine it would be worth it! We are conveying ours with the house...
    Might buy a lawn-eating goat down there, ha

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait View Post
    You'd need a huge transformer, Dell & I don't imagine it would be worth it! We are conveying ours with the house...
    Might buy a lawn-eating goat down there, ha
    Ha! We had a goat when I last lived in NZ. Sad to leave my much loved mower behind.

Talking

I just looked on Trademe and it looks like I can buy an electric mower there for about the same price as in the U.S.

Is this a "cordless" rechargeable mower, or something with a long extension cord? I would not expect a cordless mower to use much power for charging.

At any rate, take a look at the power consumption requirements...it will give you an idea of how big a converter you will need--it's best to triple the wattage. (You can pick up a 5000W converter for under $100 in the US...)

72andsunny, it's an electric mower with power cord. I'll see if I can find the book that came with it for more info. It's old but still runs great. Perhaps I'd be better off just buying a Kiwi mower so I don't have to hassle with transformers. Thanks for your reply!

I haven't seen people using electric mowers in New Zealand. I was quite surprised when I saw people were using petrol mowers, even if their lawns were rather small.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    I haven't seen people using electric mowers in New Zealand. I was quite surprised when I saw people were using petrol mowers, even if their lawns were rather small.
    I've found through experience that if I have a gas mower then I also need a husband to keep the mower running. I'm sure there are wonderful husbands out there but I haven't had good luck so I'll stick with an electric mower.

this is what you need....http://www.220-electronics.com/Trans...s/stepdown.htm

I'm sure you will be a source of endless amusement to your neighbours!!! Do you iron your handkerchiefs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast