Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are hours away

Default We are hours away

Well it is nearly midnight and we get up in 6 hours to get to heathrow to fly at 11am. I have spent the whole of today repacking (get this) 18 cases We left our house yesterday to stay with my sister - you can imagine her face when we arrived with a car load, only to say OH had to drive back to our house to collect another car load (he spent 5 hours in the car). We got here to discover that we were WAY over on the allowance (40 kg each) so my sister took our kids out for the whole day and while OH sorted out business stuff I repacked every case again. The charity shops will be doing very well tomorrow!!

Anyway we are done, the only thing that didn't get done was unlocking my phone so all in all I think we have done pretty well (although still a bit over on the baggage allowance) NZ here we come. Can't wait to change our location in a few days. It is now finally starting to feel real, I'm sure 24 hours on a plane with 3 little uns will be real enough soon!!!! The next time I post on here will be as a NZ resident - how weird but so cool

Best of luck Sacrycat-hope all goes smoothly for you and the family. You are so close to the point when you will finally be on the plane, on your way, and able to feel a giant sense of relief-the hard stuff is over - may the adventure begin!!

Amy

Welcome to New Zealand! Hope you will settle in quickly and not get too homesick for Wiltshire... Can't believe you had 18 cases! All the best and hope you had a good journey.

Wow Scarycat...I thought that we were bad with 7 cases, 4 cabin bags 2 laptops and a handbag! Hope that your three little 'uns can manage a trolley or two between them. Good Luck with the flight and Happy LAndings!

wow 18 cases!!!

but all ready to go

Great job! Have a safe trip! Soon enough you'll be here!

Bon Voyage and safe landings on the other side!

Safe journey and happy landings.

Hope you had a fantastic trip!!

Hi Scarycat,
    Hope the journey went well. We were stressing about being on the plane with our 2 year old, but in the end it went well for us.
    Enjoy NZ. We have for the past couple of months since arriving!
    All the best,
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast