Thread: need help with my SMC application

Default need help with my SMC application

Greetings,

I've sent my application a couple of months ago and my case officer replied to me with an email requiring the following ( I'd appreciate it if you can help me with any point):

1- a proof that I am living with my wife.
    I couldn't obtain anything mentioning the same address (building, apartment..) but I have a series of reports about visits to the hospital regarding her pregnancy during the last three months, also I have two plane tickets on which we both flew on the same plane, would this be sufficient?

2- an explanation for the period in which we weren't living together.
    How do you provide an explanation and should I send documents to support my claim?

3- a police certificate from my country of citizenship.
    I am a refugee living outside my country, it is mentioned on my traveling document that I am a refugee and I obtained this document from a country other than my original one, I went to my original country's embassy to obtain the certificate but they told me they dont have any data about me since neither me or my parents were there, plus they refused to give me a letter mentioning any kind of explanation because its not their job... how do I explain such a case?

Thanks

When I recieved the same e-mail (a year ago) to proof that my wife and I are living together then I sent these docs:
    1. Bank statements of both principal applicant and the partner (indicating same address)
    2. Reference letter from the faculty member of my University, where I am working (you may request your colleagues, where you are working)
    3. Letter from my child's School (as we often attend parents' teacher meetings)
    4. Invitation Cards (formal) from relatives and colleagues (Mr. & Mrs.)
    5. Family Photos
    6. Greeting letters we recieved on different occasions.

They accepted it, hope it works for you as well.

Hello and welcome.

Hello and welcome! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by oskanaan View Post
    3- a police certificate from my country of citizenship.
    I am a refugee living outside my country, it is mentioned on my traveling document that I am a refugee and I obtained this document from a country other than my original one, I went to my original country's embassy to obtain the certificate but they told me they dont have any data about me since neither me or my parents were there, plus they refused to give me a letter mentioning any kind of explanation because its not their job... how do I explain such a case?

Thanks
    Hi
    As far as I have read (link :http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cecertificate/)
    "Residence
    •All applicants aged 17 years or over must provide police certificates at the time a residence application is lodged unless there is a different instruction in the country-specific information (see below).
    •If you have lived for periods of 12 months or more in any other countries during the last ten years, you must also provide police certificates from these countries, and also your country (or countries) of citizenship unless you can provide satisfactory evidence that you have never lived there.

From you details I assume that you have never been back to your country of origin , you need to explain this to CO and provide detail of all your
    visits outside your current country you have lived (Possibly scan copy of passport showing overseas visits).

Note: I am not a expert on this and I would suggest you contact a registered Migration Agent or your case officer to find out what proof they will accept.

Best of Luck and Happy New Year.

Thanks everyone for your help