Thread: LTBV questions

Default LTBV questions

Hello,

My husband and I are selling our dairy farm in week or so, and want to come to new zealand.

We would like to come in on a LTBV and buy a kennel and or cattery. we understand that we we would need to benefit NZ buy hiring someone part time. What is the definition of part time in NZ?

I was thinking weekends, since we do not have a million dollars to buy a large kennel.

INZ considers full-time work to consist of employment for, on average, at least 30 hours per week. So part-time would be anything less than that. I don't know of a definition of it that would definitely be considered reasonable for this purpose, though.

for ltbv by definition don't you HAVE to invest over a million (1.5 rings a bell ) and that's in addition to finds for your home?

Hi there, for an LTBV you only need to start a business, or revitalise an existing one, you do not have to employ anyone, though it helps, there is no set investment level in cash, only that you own at least 25% share in it and are involved in it's running.

You do need to be able to show that you are benefitting NZ in some way, and you still need to meet all the health/language/character requirements.

We have been in NZ for nearly 3 years now on a LTBV and are currently trying to get our residency.

Hope this helps.

Rob

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...bv/default.htm