Thread: Part time jobs for international students

Default Part time jobs for international students

Hi have plans to come New Zealand for phD, i am not certain that i will get funding, can some one tell me about part time jobs in NZ. I am asking this because, i dont have a good financial background.

What do you want to know about them? They are available, but sometimes not the greatest. For instance some of the places my fellow vet students work at are: Burger King, Gas station, comic book store, where others actually work as vet nurses or assistants for research.

There are scholarships available for PhD students at Massey at least and I assume other universities. It would be wise to look into those.

A word of warning; PhD is not like other studies and will demand all your time if you are to complete successfully. To pay your fees and support yourself for a PhD will likely require 30-40 hours of paid work.

Look for a scholarship with maintenance and fees; without this it would be nearly impossible unless you go part time and stretch the PhD out to 5-7 years.

HTH

Rod

Are you saying the VET program doesn't require a lot of time? Are you NUTS? most students don't have jobs because otherwise they'd fail out!

In fact most PhD students I know have more free time than us.

Default Student Job Search

Perhaps you have already seen this, but if not:

Student Job Search
    http://www.sjs.co.nz/Default.aspx

Thank you guys for your replies......