Thread: Life Certificate

Question Life Certificate

Hi Folks,

When we arrive in NZ, my OH needs to monthly send a LIFE Certificate to employing body, attesting that she is still alive (thanks god), as she'll be on vacation leave. How can we get same in NZ, and at what costs?

Thanks

JM

Quote Originally Posted by jeanmarcJ202 View Post
    Hi Folks,

When we arrive in NZ, my OH needs to monthly send a LIFE Certificate to employing body, attesting that she is still alive (thanks god), as she'll be on vacation leave. How can we get same in NZ, and at what costs?

Thanks

JM
    I am in a similar situation in that I need to send back such a certificate once a year. However the organisation requesting it provides the(ir) form. I just need to fill it in, sign it in front of a court officer (free of costs so far) and let it be counter signed and thus certified.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    I am in a similar situation in that I need to send back such a certificate once a year. However the organisation requesting it provides the(ir) form. I just need to fill it in, sign it in front of a court officer (free of costs so far) and let it be counter signed and thus certified.
    Thanks for the info. I don't know if they have a standard form for same but will check.

Happy New Year 2011.

Jean-Marc & Family

Hi Jean-Marc,

I need to get this on an annual basis for two organisations as well. They do both have the prepared form (easy !), but our Sollicitor can also provide me with a document if needed.

I need to personally identify myself (passport) and show proof of address (recent Credit Card statement for instance), and she signs/stamps it in my presence. Takes all of 10 minutes (of which about 12 are spent catching up with the Sollicitor, lovely lady !), and when I ask what I owe, they happily point to the charity box on the counter, brilliant !

The second organisation was a tad difficult at first, as they initially demanded 'proof of registration with Council of Residence', but ofcourse there is no such registration at Councils in New Zealand, so that posed a problem.

The first two years I was able to get the form signed and stamped by someone at the Council offices, but this was always difficult as they didn't have any idea what it was and thus weren't really comfortable signing it.

The third year I decided to try the Police, the only other option given by the organisation, but one I thought might be difficult to pursue (after all, if Council is 'flumoxed' by the signing of this document, what must the Police think of it ?!

As it turned out, it was a total breeze and took even less time than with the Sollicitor, I was quite (pleasantly !) surprised !

Anyway, point of all this is;as far as I can see, this shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers,
    Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwing86 View Post
    Hi Jean-Marc,

I need to get this on an annual basis for two organisations as well. They do both have the prepared form (easy !), but our Sollicitor can also provide me with a document if needed.

I need to personally identify myself (passport) and show proof of address (recent Credit Card statement for instance), and she signs/stamps it in my presence. Takes all of 10 minutes (of which about 12 are spent catching up with the Sollicitor, lovely lady !), and when I ask what I owe, they happily point to the charity box on the counter, brilliant !

The second organisation was a tad difficult at first, as they initially demanded 'proof of registration with Council of Residence', but ofcourse there is no such registration at Councils in New Zealand, so that posed a problem.

The first two years I was able to get the form signed and stamped by someone at the Council offices, but this was always difficult as they didn't have any idea what it was and thus weren't really comfortable signing it.

The third year I decided to try the Police, the only other option given by the organisation, but one I thought might be difficult to pursue (after all, if Council is 'flumoxed' by the signing of this document, what must the Police think of it ?!

As it turned out, it was a total breeze and took even less time than with the Sollicitor, I was quite (pleasantly !) surprised !

Anyway, point of all this is;as far as I can see, this shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers,
    Silver
    Thank Silver.

I'll check on for a Sollicitor.

Happy New Year 2011.

JM