Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Months In!

Default Six Months In!

Can't believe that 6 months have passed.......where did they go, did I blink???

I had wondered, I had vacillated, I had doubted...then a couple of years ago I got a book which gave me the question "if you knew that it would turn out well, would you do it?" If the answer is yes then all that is holding you back is fear and it is the right thing to do!

So we came, we saw and we are thoroughly enjoying....

The run up to Christmas was hard, I was a little homesick for the dark nights, the cold, the things that yell Christmas to me. Instead it was hot, it was light, it wasn't right hearing "winter wonderland" on the radio. People were talking summer holidays and Santa in the same breath. I has an indication of what life with dementia must have been like for my Mum. The experiences of a lifetime were confused in my head. Life did not compute!!

So we decided to change tactics, and move from our ultra planned Yuletide with huge cooked meal and loads of carols to a relaxed day with friends and the inlaws, outside BBQ, paddling on the beach...just general relaxation and it was brilliant!!!

It has also been good having a holiday for 10 days. I had been very tired, but am now starting to feel refreshed.

Life is good. 2010 was a fantastic year for us. Here we are hoping that 2011 will be the same. Whilst all is not as we would want it yet, we are happy with the choices, the way life is working out, how our kids are enjoying this.

As the title of the book says "Feal the fear, and do it anyway".

We did....and we love it!

Lovely to hear that all is going well, Christmas and New Year were so different for us too, must admit we did the whole turkey and Christmas pudding event but with a twist as we ate it outside with a quick swim in the sea beforehand. Hope you had a great Hogmanay and that 2011 continues to be a good year. We were just saying last night that last year at New Year we had no idea whatsoever how we would be celebrating and where, luckily so far it has all turned out well and it sounds as if you are having the same experience. Good luck for the new year and slàinte!

well done both - good to hear it's turning out to be a good move

when in Rome....

sounds like its all going swimmingly
    lovely to hear
    and i'll look for that book!

Sounds wonderful - and yes, the big roast dinner can be a bit much in this weather

Yay for 2011!!!

Good grief - is it six months since I read your "wheeeee we've landed" posts?! Glad you've settled and are enjoying life. Here's to the next 6 months and beyond!

P

Can't believe it's six months either! Excellent news that the job is going well and that the boys are still enjoying school. Blink and it'll be your one year in post.
    All the best for the 2011

Wow! Six months already, congratulations!! That has flown, well for me anyway!

Excllent positive post!
    Long may it continue!

THanks for the good wishes everyone.

Can't believe how last year turned out. You must be feeling the same girlwithanewf, given the weather we were experiencing last new year! Shones if hopefully won't be long until you join us, like Sophie has done.

Hope everyone's plans are going well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast