Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 days countdown to departure -reflections

Cool. Just found out our stuff is now floating over, and due mid February. Bit earlier than I thought, so house hunting needs to start sooner rather than later.

Have a safe flight & Good Luck !!

Well done!
    The maelstrom of the packers & movers will settle - before you know you will be here in sunny NZ . . . and relax - you made it! Congrats!

My container is due to be delivered Monday! Will be SO good to have our stuff after the weeks of house camping.
    Real beds - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds very much like us (minus the kids). We've been in Upper Hutt now for almost 3 months and have just agreed a rental we're moving into on the weekend. PM me if you want to get together nearby when you arrive - any info we have is yours - lots of ups and downs and things to expect, things you'll probably miss about home and things you'll like more here, basically everything we've done/achieved since arriving.

All our experiences are at your disposal. Best of luck and a safe journey.

well I've just sorted out insurance for our goods - a bit late I know but so much to do!! Used Letton Percival Value £ 22,750.00 @1.25% = £ 284.37 + £ 17.06 Insurance Premium Tax (6% of the Premium) making £ 301.43 in total - so not bad I thought

I also rang BMI again as I am worried about extra baggage hassle - I have been reassured that because the entire flight was booked through Air NZ BMI will honour the AirNZ baggage allowance arrangements. We intend to fly out with one additional 23kg bag at this stage.

Packers back again today keep telling me it'll all fit in easy into our 20foot container - wow hard to believe! So far so good.
    Duncan & Aquarian exciting now all your possessions and memories are about to arrive. Best of luck Duncan finding a rental - so much planning, preparation and so many decisions to make -will it ever end!!

April - thanks for the support hope your first year in NZ isn't too tough

131 boxes all labelled and off to New Zealand
    Wasn't convinced it's all fit it yet we had quite a bit of space - but we did take all we wanted to.
    Great to see it all happen and everything go.

Wow...it takes me back seeing all the boxes in the container. It has been a whirlwind six months since we arrived. Try now to relax and enjoy the journey as much as possible. It will feel like Christmas when you are reunited with your things.

That sounds like a great party you had. We saw many of our friends in our house for a party the night before we left. we had no furniture but everyone helped out with stuff and we had a great time. Then my friends helped clean the place up the next day. They were fabulous.

Have a good Trip and Happy Landings.

I never got to see the container, so looking forward to seeing our 280boxes when it arrives in NZ!

Wishing you all the very best journey and start to your new life in NZ.

Duncan

well we arrived at Manchester for BMI flight to Heathrow, confident after checking 3 times with BMI direct and our NZ travel agent that our luggage and extra bag would be charged at Air NZ rates as our flight was MAN to WELLINGTON.

oh no it wont!!! instead of paying the ANZ rate of £35 they explained we'd have to pay according to BMI rules as much as £800 extra! after an emotional farewell we did not need this' esp as we had done our homework. After 30 min arguing we paid £135. Annoying.

so never use BMI, never trust call centres, listen to advice on ENZ, dont use multiple carriers!

Anyway ANZ flight in 2 hours time !!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast