Thread: Where to stay in Auckland?

Default Where to stay in Auckland?

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Auckland for a couple of nights in August.
    There are 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids) and I need it to be within walking/short taxi ride of main attractions.

Cheers
    Jonathan.

staffordshire...but its only a matter or time

Were staying at the City Life hotel.
    Havent been there yet so cant personally recommend it, but my travel agents sister has stayed there and loved it, and they do a really good price on a family room too!

http://www.citylife.nz-hotels.com

It seems like a popular choice.
    Decisions, decisions.

Hi JJG

If you want a guest house instead of a hotel, try Moana Vista in Herne Bay. Warm welcome, very,very clean, modern but is still a lovely old villa. We stayed 2 nights at the beginning of feb and then 2 more just before we returned to the UK. It's near the water, a bus ride from the CBD and 5 mins walk from the shops and cafes at Ponsonby. You can have the whole top floor to yourselves.

www.moanavista.co.nz.

I'm sorry I can't remember what we paid exactly but it was worth every cent.

Hope this helps

Deborah

If you can leave it til a week or 2 before you get here, you can have a look on www.wotif.com - they have great last minute deals on hotels all over NZ, and we booked a hotel last week for our weekend trip to Auckland from Welly, and paid $120 for a 1 bedroom "executive suite" :eek with spa pool, full kitchen, sky TV, balcony, heating (yay!), underground parking, swimmming pool (bit too cold to use it at the mo tho!) etc in a hotel on the North Shore - what a bargain! OK it was a short drive into the CBD, but there were plenty of places to choose from including self contained apartments in the CBD for a very good price (about $100 I think right in the centre).

Hope this helps!

Jodie

Thanks Jodie,
    Will leave it to last couple of weeks I think.

Jonathan.