Thread: IELTS two years old

Default IELTS two years old

The "no older than two years IELTS test result" will apply to what date?

My wife has IELTS test taken in february 2008. Can I apply for EOI saying everything's OK? Will they ask my wife as a non-principal applicant to do her test again because let say they invite me to apply for PR when her IELTS result become two years old?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dalel View Post
    The "no older than two years IELTS test result" will apply to what date?
    The best source is the Operational Manual!
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm says in

"BE5.1 English language requirements

Principal applicants who lodge applications under the Employees of Relocating Businesses category meet the minimum standards of English for that category if:
    they provide a certificate (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), which shows an overall band score of 5 or more in the IELTS General or Academic Module; or
    ..."

So you are fine; just submit the application shortly!

Sorry to be a pain but when is it that your application is considered 'lodged'? Is it when you actually send in all your documents to your case officer?

I took the IELTS on 21/02/2009, and I have received the application package but don't have the police certificates here yet to send all my documentation....

Thanks for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferncastel View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but when is it that your application is considered 'lodged'? Is it when you actually send in all your documents to your case officer?

I took the IELTS on 21/02/2009, and I have received the application package but don't have the police certificates here yet to send all my documentation....

Thanks for your help!!
    See here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm again - you have to some work. Go to glossary and voila - "lodge":

"R2.20 Date an application is lodged

An application is lodged on the date that INZ receives it.

Note: If an application is processed using AMS, the date the application is lodged is referred to in AMS as the date 'tendered'."

R2.25 "Date an application is made" and R2.40 "Mandatory requirements for lodging an application for a residence class visa" provide more information; summary you ought to get in contact with INZ do discuss it immediately. Perhaps you should just try and submit the application now.

Just as a note, our Immigration officer said there was no problem with my IELTS having passed the 2 year mark a few weeks earlier, so fingers crossed for you!