Thread: House to let in Brightwater

Default House to let in Brightwater

We are leaving our rented accommodation in Brightwater in February to move into our own home. If anyone is interested in a short or long term let in Brightwater the house will be available from 10th February (exact date tbc). It is a beautiful modern bungalow with four/five bedrooms, family bathroom with spa bath, en suite with huge double shower, large open plan kitchen, living, dining room and a separate TV lounge, laundry and huge integral garage. The grounds are over an acre and are maintained by the owners once a week or so, so you don't have to worry about doing the gardening! It is on a quiet road, the school bus stops at the gate and it takes about 15 minutes to get to Richmond, or 25 minutes to Nelson. The rent is $500 per week, unfurnished - although the owners kindly let us use some of their furniture until ours arrived, and we could also help out with the loan of table and chairs etc. There is two months remaining on the lease, after that it is negotiable for a further six or twelve months or you could rent it on flexible terms. Oh I forgot to mention, the heating is electric (heat pump) and gas fire, it is insulated and double glazed and the neighbours are lovely. PM me if interested. Fiona

Wish we could be there to move in! If our house would !)#(*$(&#@)(&! sell!!

I know the feeling, hang in there, we have everything crossed for you!

We are moving out on 14th February, anybody who might be interested in renting the house can look at the pictures on my blog:
    http://conyersdownunder.blogspot.com/

Brightwater is just outside Richmond and about a half hours drive from the centre of Nelson.

Hi, I know this is a bit late but will be arriving in Nelson area in oct 2011 and will be looking to rent somewhere to accomodate 6 - Brightwater is on our shortlist of places to live so if this is still by any chance available or if you know of anywhere else, could you please let me know. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShineyPeople View Post
    We are leaving our rented accommodation in Brightwater in February to move into our own home. If anyone is interested in a short or long term let in Brightwater the house will be available from 10th February (exact date tbc). It is a beautiful modern bungalow with four/five bedrooms, family bathroom with spa bath, en suite with huge double shower, large open plan kitchen, living, dining room and a separate TV lounge, laundry and huge integral garage. The grounds are over an acre and are maintained by the owners once a week or so, so you don't have to worry about doing the gardening! It is on a quiet road, the school bus stops at the gate and it takes about 15 minutes to get to Richmond, or 25 minutes to Nelson. The rent is $500 per week, unfurnished - although the owners kindly let us use some of their furniture until ours arrived, and we could also help out with the loan of table and chairs etc. There is two months remaining on the lease, after that it is negotiable for a further six or twelve months or you could rent it on flexible terms. Oh I forgot to mention, the heating is electric (heat pump) and gas fire, it is insulated and double glazed and the neighbours are lovely. PM me if interested. Fiona

Hi, Just saw your post, I think the house we were living in is up for sale now, I'm not sure if it's still available for rent, but if it is, it will be with Haven Rentals (they have a website with properties in the Nelson Richmond area). If you're still looking for somewhere, I will have a look around locally and see if there is anything that might suit. If you need any help with anything when you arrive, let me know, we were helped out by another member of the forum (dbonnet) when we arrived and it made a big difference just to meet up with a friendly face in our new home. Time to pass on the karma! Right now you must be in that crazy space we were in one year ago, time flies, life will be normal again soon! Good luck with the trip, hope to see you when you get here!

Hi thanks so much for this. We arrived 6 weeks ago and just don't seem to have found the time to come on here. Also in all honest have never been on a forum and have yet to get to grips with how to find msgs! We are currently in a small rental in Nelson and looking for somewhere more permanent. This will probably now be in this area as children have settled into Nelson schools.Anyway thanks again for your advice. By the way - isn't Nelson the worlds best kept secret? We love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ShineyPeople View Post
    Hi, Just saw your post, I think the house we were living in is up for sale now, I'm not sure if it's still available for rent, but if it is, it will be with Haven Rentals (they have a website with properties in the Nelson Richmond area). If you're still looking for somewhere, I will have a look around locally and see if there is anything that might suit. If you need any help with anything when you arrive, let me know, we were helped out by another member of the forum (dbonnet) when we arrived and it made a big difference just to meet up with a friendly face in our new home. Time to pass on the karma! Right now you must be in that crazy space we were in one year ago, time flies, life will be normal again soon! Good luck with the trip, hope to see you when you get here!

have yet to get to grips with how to find msgs
    The forum will signal you by showing a pop-up box when there is a new private message. If you want to look at old messages, click on the 'Private Messages' link at the top right of the screen (just underneath the 'Welcome' in bold letters).

Glad to hear the move went well and the kids have settled so quickly. Yes, Nelson is lovely, I was like you, I just knew as soon as we got here that it was the right place for us. If you would like to meet up for a coffee or if you need any help just send me a pm. Enjoy your first NZ Christmas!