Thread: Car Rental

Default Car Rental

Hi there, just wondered if anyone has got any good places to go for car rentals. We are looking for an mpv most probably (stops the kids killing each other) have looked at the following web sites Budget, Auckland Car Rentals and jucy with ACR being the cheapest but just wanted to check if anyone has any experience of these before I book one for 2 weeks.

also any good car dealerships out there you can recommend, again for an mpv type car? thanks for any advice everyone

Why skip the car rental and purchase?

I'd arranged a car rental (from Hertz) before I left the UK, but decided cancel it and invest the money in buying outright.

Apex are often good prices: www.apexrentals.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by neilw71 View Post
    Apex are often good prices: www.apexrentals.co.nz
    But only if you're a maniically impulsive executive with loose morals, and an especially accomodating sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4krm-3FHl74

Yes have been thinking of just buying but bit nervous about getting stuffed due to being so new to country Any good dealers out there that are slightly trustworthy?????

I'm about (tomorrow) to trade a Primera Estate / station wagon for $4k. Still 5 months warranty on it and just had it serviced. Would do you for a while until you got sorted with a permanent MPV.

But I found that it was easier to jsut accept that as a new immigrant I was going to be ripped off and save the time and hassle of delaying the innevitable, and fond the right car (ie reliable, 'honest') and then just over pay. (I paid 6.5k).

Cheapest rentals are ACE - they'll beat any price if you talk to them.

Depending on where you are going people can give you advice on good dealers. We used Shackel in Lower Hutt, Wellington and got a great deal on car and 3 year warranty.

Thanks D74 we have just had the 3 kids sat next to each other for a week now and if they don't kill each other we may just do the job for them!!!!! Would have been perfect a week ago but now we know that it really is important to keep them separated anyway really appreciate the offer will keep searching

No worries. Didn't think it sounded right for you, but cost nothing to ask. Good luck on the hunt.

I've rented Ace's high mileage cars and have been happy with them. On the last trip to NZ, I started hearing a funny noise in the wheel. I called Ace - they told me to take it to a mechanic and they'd pay for it. Turned out to be a brake sensor - nothing wrong - just indicated it would need new brakes soon. The mechanic didn't charge even though he had to take the wheel off and put it back on again.

Typical NZ.