Thread: Packing/shipping boxes!

Default Packing/shipping boxes!

Does anyone know a good source of packing boxes in the Wellington area?

When we moved here (rental) just over a year ago I foolishly let Pickfords take (nearly) all of the empty boxes away, now, having bought a house, I wish I hadn't.

Just had Pickfords quote me $3000 for a domestic move, yes THREE THOUSAND dollars. I can walk to my new house in about 5 minutes.

So, does anyone know of a good place to get some packing boxes? (Tried TradeMe, but all I get is some listing in Auckland.)

Also, does anyone have any recommendations of good domestic moving companies? (I filled in an onling multi-quote thing but have not heard a peep back from any of the companies listed.)

Cheers.

No idea if they are any good, but would check out Storage King

Warehouse Stationary and Office Max also sell them but not sure if they will have what you are looking for (size / cost)?

Might be worth asking anyone who has got a container arriving soon if you can get some boxes off them.

Ian

We did a 30 minute, like you all our boxes from shipping over got taken away.

DH and I just went to the local shopping centre and collected boxes from the rear of the stores, they were accessible in large metal 'bins'.

Shoe shops and baby stores were best .................. and all free.

We did check it was okay before taking them away, but stores couldn't care less really.