Thread: 2 years in!

Default 2 years in!

I wasn't sure if I'd write a "2 year's in" post, but if you're reading this, then the Marlborough sav got the better of me!

I feel a bit guilty for not having written a 6 month or a 1 year post..... but .... here we are at 2 years.
    I suppose, this site was a victim of it's own success! I've been really busy with work and friends and all sorts of social activities that would not have occurred to the person I was in the UK.

The key pieces of advice that have shaped my life came from veterans on this website:
    Accept every invitation for the first year
    Feel free to decline invitations in the second year

Other comfort came from people going through the trauma at the same time. Advice about shipping, banking, shopping, texting, etc was taken on board and helped greatly to ease the stress involved with leaving the familiar.

In short... I love my life in New Zealand. I miss my family from time to time. I hope they will all visit. I realise that only some of them can. I will enjoy these visits all the more for that!
    Last edited by lnz; 7th January 2011 at 08:49 PM.

Congrats on making 2 years! We are just over 2 1/3 years in ourselves and completely happy here.

I love where you live, we make trips over to Anakiwa a couple times each year. If you ever come over the Whangamoas, feel free to drop us a note, we are in Atawhai, a bit north of Nelson.

What a nice post, I'm looking to embrace a second go when we get out there and the biggest thing I have learnt from being out there the first time is that you def get out what you put in.
    Good for you

Congratulations - it's great to hear that things have worked out so well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lnz View Post
    In short... I love my life in New Zealand.
    Great to here (read); good on you ...

What a lovely post...thank you xx

Congratulations, we love it here too, but we have only been here three months, here's hoping we are as happy as you are in two years time!