Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old UK accounts

Default Old UK accounts

What are the pros and cons regarding changing the address of our UK accounts.

Option 1 - keep accounts but use NZ address.
    Option 2 - move address to parents address in the UK.

Obviously all our banking is done online, and there's not going to be a lot of transactions, mainly shifting cash around for brithdays/christmas etc. But there may be times we want to buy from online places in the UK and get things sent here.

We've an account with a well known bank that might be based in Yorkshire and we changed to a NZ address with no problems

I changed our UK bank details to my parents address.
    I told the bank that it was a C/O address and they were happy..

Nick.

I'm about to decide this myself. I still have, and will continue to have, a bank account in the UK. So, I'm very interested in knowing the pros & cons.

I only instance I can think of where an address in the UK might become an issue is when your bank sends you a replacement card. Your UK hosts would need to forward such post to your NZ address.

Quote Originally Posted by rogercruse View Post
    I only instance I can think of where an address in the UK might become an issue is when your bank sends you a replacement card. Your UK hosts would need to forward such post to your NZ address.
    Someone had a problem buying itune vouchers as it needed a UK address as well as a sterling account.

I kept my US bank account.

And then my bank went bankrupt and got closed down by the feds.

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    We've an account with a well known bank that might be based in Yorkshire and we changed to a NZ address with no problems
    Same here, no problems, have moved twice since then,(within NZ) bit of a pain to change to our latest address as you couldn't change it on line, they need your signature, downloaded the form sent it to them, there was a query and they sent the whole form back to our old address, luckily we had our mail redirected for the first 6mths

We have our NZ address on our joint UK bank account and we both have UK based credit cards which both have our NZ address down as the billing address.

I've never had a problem buying online either here or in the UK using my UK based Visa card.

HTH

Anneliese

Same as MrsB we have a UK bank account and credit card and our banking is done on line.....no problem using the card here or on line to purchase anywhere in the world. They gave me a security access code for phone calls if i need to contact them directly to prove who i am so its all good. And Amazon provided Xmas presents for everyone in the UK this year....

We still have our UK bank accounts and use our NZ address. We also still have our UK Life Insurance as it is a damn sight cheaper with better cover than we could find in NZ. The only condition placed upon us to keep it valid with us living in NZ as permanent residents, is that we are required to maintain a UK bank account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast