Thread: Company sponsorship for working visa

Default Company sponsorship for working visa

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience of a company sponsoring you for an NZ working visa?

My OH has a permanent job offer with an international company who have a base in NZ, who have said that they would apply for a working visa for her.

They won't apply for mine or our child's though, so I'm not sure how we go about that as we would be going as her dependants.

Do you know how the process works and how long it takes for the working visa to be approved and come through?

They are hoping that they can begin the visa application as soon as my OH gives a month's notice to her current company and have it through for her to leave her company in a month and begin work straight away in NZ.

A month seems very quick though - is this completely unrealistic?

Thanks for any opnions!

A company-sponsored visa can shortcut a lot of problems, so the month may not be unrealistic.

A work visa is for one person alone, but the system doesn't leave you out. You need to look at partner-sponsored work visas, and a also student visa for your child, if s/he is of school age, or a visitor visa if s/he isn't that old yet. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm If you send in the application forms WITH your partner's, preferably, or at least, referring them to the same CO dealing with hers to make the connection, they will be dealt with all together. You and the child will have the right to visas that match hers for length of time.

From my experience working visa sponsored just only took 7 working days..

good luck for next steps...