Thread: How to put up work experience evidence - already dispatched my original degrees to NZQA

Lightbulb How to put up work experience evidence - already dispatched my original degrees to NZQA

Hello Dears,

This is my first post here. I'm a Pakistani, living/working in Saudi Arabia. I have received ITA with deadline of April 22, 2011. In my EOI, I claimed 125 points with 10 points for having qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage and 15 points for 6 yrs or more experience in the field of absolute skill shortage. And my qualification and skills fall in computer programming field.

I have already dispatched my original degrees to NZQA. Now I am fighting to prove my 15 points for my work experience in LTSSL. I have worked with three different employers since 2001 (including present one in KSA). Can anybody give me suggestion on how to prepare the evidence. I can arrange experience certificates (one each from last two employers). I can show employment letter. I can show a "purpose made" recommendation letter for the award of bonus point from each past two employers(is it a good idea?). I haven't kept any salary slips (lost them all).
    My real worry is my current employer in KSA. I have been working in this job for almost four years (major part of 6 years claim). If some of you don't know, employers in KSA are very narrow minded about helping their expatriates employees out in giving recommendation letters or experience certificates. I am reluctant to approach my employer for any letter, for it may not go well for my image/future in this company. Should I explain this situation to Immigration officer? What type of evidence can I present for this job. Does INZ really contact present and past employers? Please advise.

Thanks

Pakiboy86

Hello and welcome. I hope someone comes along soon with some experience to help you.

Hello Pakiboy86
    I can understand your situation as I am also in KSA (originally from Pakistan). I think you can easily get TAREEF (Reference letter) from your company, as Tareef is required here in KSA for most of the things (for renting a house, buying a car, children admisson etc), you just need to add a line that you are working with this organization since -----.
    I also claimed 15 and 10 bonus points. I sent my CO the copy of the contract and fortunately rest of the details are available online, so she just checked (I think, b/c I haven't heard anything from my current or previous employer) my details from the web.
    If you need any further info, PM me, but you need to post atleast five messages on this forum.
    Good luck

Welocme and good luck for next steps....

Quote Originally Posted by hsfa484 View Post
    Hello Pakiboy86
    I can understand your situation as I am also in KSA (originally from Pakistan). I think you can easily get TAREEF (Reference letter) from your company, as Tareef is required here in KSA for most of the things (for renting a house, buying a car, children admisson etc), you just need to add a line that you are working with this organization since -----.
    I also claimed 15 and 10 bonus points. I sent my CO the copy of the contract and fortunately rest of the details are available online, so she just checked (I think, b/c I haven't heard anything from my current or previous employer) my details from the web.
    If you need any further info, PM me, but you need to post atleast five messages on this forum.
    Good luck
    Hello hsfa484.. Many thanks bro for kind info... You are right. I have also obtained some "tareef" letters from my employers for various things like getting driving license, house renting etc, but they are addressed to concerned authority, not open (To whom it may concern). Will it work like this? Also, sorry if I sound kiddish, how did your CO check your details online? Is there such web site?
    I also need to ask how long did NZQA take to give you IQA? I have dispatched just last week.
    Regards
    pakiboy86

@pakiboy86
    I got my ITA on 18th sept. and submitted my application for IQA on 19th sept. (fast track) and recieved my IQA report on 7th December (ooops, quite a long wait), and submitted my ITA on 9th december (they recieved on 14th december).
    I am working here at University, so my details are on uninversity website, I just sent her the link.
    You may get the open tareef, if not, then explain this to your CO.

Good luck

hi paki and hsfa
    congrats hsfa for getign wtr. so whn u travelling..i am still in the process. so tell me hw ws ur experoance