Thread: Finding flatmates before finding a flat

Default Finding flatmates before finding a flat

Hello! This is my second post having moved to Dunedin about 2 months ago.

I've been boarding in a house temporarily and am about ready to move somewhere more permanent. Luckily in Dunedin the holidays are starting to wind down and more flats are being posted.

But I was wondering, as I'm new in town and haven't really met anyone yet, is there a website/place to look for flatmates first, and then together find a flat.

Looking on TradeMe, there a ton of really nice looking flats available in the areas I'm looking to move to. But they are all 2-3 bedrooms and I don't have a friend/group to move in with.

It looks to me that most people end up moving in with a group that's already established, but just wondering where I could look/post an ad to find people that might want to look at these other open flats with. I've had little luck with easyroomate.co.nz

Any ideas?
    Thank you!

Hi

Have you tried

http://www.easyroommate.co.nz/

I have no experience of using this site though.

Trademe has a section for flatmates wanted I think.

Unfortunately, like I said I've had little luck with easyroomate.co.nz. And TradeMe flatmates is only for people that have flats set up already.

Hi - I'll be in a similar boat in october when I srrive out there and have already been tracking down sites to look for the same. You already know of TradeMe and someone has posted the easyflatmates, but there is also gumtree.

Good luck
    Nikki

I had come across Gumtree but they don't seem to have Dunedin listed as a location. It looks to me to be a good website for looking for other flatmates without a flat. Thanks for the suggestion.