Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EOI points reduced and no mails received

Default EOI points reduced and no mails received

Kia Ora and Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post in this forum.
    I submitted my EOI on 5th December 2010. I claimed 145 points for my age, education, nz qualification, work and spouse (but no job offer). The EOI got automatically selected on 15th Dec draw and I could see “Selected” status on my page. Since then I have heard nothing from NZIS. It has been nearly a month and probably they will have another round of draw today.
    When I went to the printable version of my submitted EOI today, I found that “Total Points” was reduced to 130. This seems to be done on 10th Jan as the date in the form indicates. I don’t know whether they have disapproved my claim of work experience in the absolute shortage or something else. But no equation fits into their 130 points. I have heard in this forum that if our points are reduced, they will send us an email clarifying things.
    I am worried as why they have not mailed me. I wish to know how long it takes to get a reply.
    Guys, another thing I wish to know is - Will I be put back in the Pool?
    In 15th Dec draw applicants having “5. All those claiming 10 bonus points for a qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage and with a points total of between 130 and 135 points = 16 EOIs (45 registrants)” got selected. So should I not be thrown back to the pool? OR should I wait for the next draw to see if I am still selected with 130?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    MK

Hello and welcome.

Yes, you will get some kind of communication to explain the reason for the reduction in points, and it isn't surprising that you haven't heard yet - it could be a week or two from the action, judging from what others have said. When you hear what the reason is, if you disagree, it is open to you to argue your case, and many members of the forum have done this successfully.

IF you have been put back in the pool, you are still eligible to be selected at any of the fortnightly draws, if your situation meets the criteria they use at that time.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MK33 View Post
    Kia Ora and Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post in this forum.
    I submitted my EOI on 5th December 2010. I claimed 145 points for my age, education, nz qualification, work and spouse (but no job offer). The EOI got automatically selected on 15th Dec draw and I could see “Selected” status on my page. Since then I have heard nothing from NZIS. It has been nearly a month and probably they will have another round of draw today.
    When I went to the printable version of my submitted EOI today, I found that “Total Points” was reduced to 130. This seems to be done on 10th Jan as the date in the form indicates. I don’t know whether they have disapproved my claim of work experience in the absolute shortage or something else. But no equation fits into their 130 points. I have heard in this forum that if our points are reduced, they will send us an email clarifying things.
    I am worried as why they have not mailed me. I wish to know how long it takes to get a reply.
    Guys, another thing I wish to know is - Will I be put back in the Pool?
    In 15th Dec draw applicants having “5. All those claiming 10 bonus points for a qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage and with a points total of between 130 and 135 points = 16 EOIs (45 registrants)” got selected. So should I not be thrown back to the pool? OR should I wait for the next draw to see if I am still selected with 130?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    MK
    Hey,

My time line also same as yours but I got only 130 points, When I logged into my EOI account I don't see anything other than "Selected" please give me the link where you located the printable version of the EOI. Me too unaware the progress of mine and in a real uncertainty

Thanks JandM.
    @ Lilkiwi - When you log in, you have "Welcome to your Online Services Homepage" page. On the right hand side of your page and below where you have Status - "Selected" , there is a section ONLINE SERVICES and below that there is Expression of Interest. Click on it. You will access your "Assessment Status" page. Move down to see a section "Submitted/Final Expression of Interest". Click on print button and you will have a printable format of your form.
    In my case, when I applied the total point was 145 and had a print out of it. Now the total point has 130 and date modified is changed.

I am worried coz I know people who got "Decision Successful" in their status on 23rd Dec being selected on 15th.

All the best.
    Last edited by MK33; 13th January 2011 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks JandM.
    @ Lilkiwi - When you log in, you have "Welcome to your Online Services Homepage" page. On the right hand side of your page and below where you have Status - "Selected" , there is a section ONLINE SERVICES and below that there is Expression of Interest. Click on it. You will access your "Assessment Status" page. Move down to see a section "Submitted/Final Expression of Interest". Click on print button and you will have a printable format of your form.
    In my case, when I applied the total point was 145 and had a print out of it. Now the total point has 130 and date modified is changed.

I am worried coz I know people who got "Decision Successful" in their status on 23rd Dec being selected on 15th.

All the best.
    Thanks! Mine haven't changed & I haven't head from them yet. Mine selected on 15th with 130 points. I'm from IT background! got a letter from Bangkok branch last week saying that I should hear something within a month!

You really shouldn't worry on that account. One person's case won't be dealt with in exactly the same way as another's, necessarily, just because they happened to pass one milestone on the same day. A different official may be handling your cases, and yours could have a complicated case to deal with before going on to the rest of her/his workload, or have some sick-leave - any number of possibilities.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I would also add it could be that those people have got job offers which expedites the whole process. Without a job offer, London branch processing times say you could wait up to three months before hearing about your EOI decision.

As JandM says though, if you still meet the selection criteria even with the points reduction, you might not actually go back into the pool.

Hi,
    I received an ITA via email today. So, yay! I am happy.
    They have sent me the ITA and other documents but they didn't mention in their letter about reduction of my points.
    I need some suggestions here - Should I email them and ask why they have reduced the points? Does the reduction of points have any affect later (on getting my application approved)?
    @ Lilkiwi- what is your status now? Good luck

Cheers

May help you. If you don't have points then you don't need to prove it. So if you no longer have points for work experience, or have a job in an area of skill shortage, then you don't need to demonstrate that it matches the LTSS requirements.

Nice one, now get collecting the evidence you do need ;-)

Hi,
    I received an ITA via email today. So, yay! I am happy.
    They have sent me the ITA and other documents but they didn't mention in their letter about reduction of my points.
    I need some suggestions here - Should I email them and ask why they have reduced the points? Does the reduction of points have any affect later (on getting my application approved)?
    @ Lilkiwi- what is your status now? Good luck

Cheers
    congratzzzzz !!! Hey me too got it today thankfully my marks are safe!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast