Thread: Yoghurt.....

Default Yoghurt.....

Hi

I have yet to find a yoghurt that I really like the taste of in the UK. In the UK I loved the Activia Rhubarb, but I cannot find anything as creamy tasting here. Often they have an after taste too.

I had seen a yoghurt maker and wondered if anyone has one, what the yoghurt tastes like etc. etc.

Just trying to find some means of getting a low fat calcium rich product in me.....

Got paid $100 last year to take part in some Market research for new yoghurt, lovely creamy Strawberry, but they couldn't tell us whose it was

We've had an easiyo yoghurt maker for nearly 4 years now and we haven't bought any other yoghurt since. You can use other brands of yoghurt powder in them, and they will also work with skimmed milk powder and water or just regular milk if you start it with a spoonful of yoghurt from a previous batch to provide the right bacteria. You can find instructions for doing this on-line. We used to buy some of the flavoured yoghurt sachets, but these days we much prefer the unsweetened plain ones and we add fresh fruit or pureed frozen berries in winter. We add a teaspoon of honey if we want it sweetening.

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Got paid $100 last year to take part in some Market research for new yoghurt, lovely creamy Strawberry, but they couldn't tell us whose it was
    I bet it was the Yoplait greek strawberry that is new and fabulous.

I also use the easiyo one - really easy to use and like FOM, I just make the regular unsweetened version and add my own fruit. A handful of strawbs or blueberries with a wee bit of honey is lovely! I also put cooled stewed fruit like rhubarb (with a wee bit of ginger) in.

You don't need to buy a yogurt maker. http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-yogurt

I use a triple insulated chilly bin to keep the yogurt at the right temp for 7 hours, but you can also use a heating pad or a slow cooker.

i don't make yoghurt here in Canada
    my Easiyo has been sitting patiently in my cupboard for 11 yrs waiting for me to take it home and hopefully use it again

I have the Easiyo as well, makes nice yoghurt, although I used it before we went to Christchurch, then in Christchurch I hardly used it because I liked Meadow fresh, then moving back to Oz it's still packed away as we haven't unpacked all our boxes yet in hope of moving back!

confused yet?? !!

I have decided to take the plunge and start making my own yogurt. I like the tip about sweetening it with honey, and adding all sorts of frozen fruit. Now just need to go out and get the ingredients.