Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JOB OFFER

Default JOB OFFER

Sadly, after 2 months in NZ I still don't have a job, despite the fact that there are many openings that fit my profession.

Last week, finally somebody offered me a job but the starting date is 01.Feb.05.

Is this a legitimate job offer? Can I apply for residency with this offer? How much ahead can be a job offer to be considered as a legitimate "Job Offer"?

Thanks

Yoji, what field are you looking for?? hmm it seems that finding a job in NZ is not as easy as it seems

Hi Yoji,
    For as long as they are willing to support you (employers have to sign forms to be able to sponsor you), I believe you could very well use it for residency application.
    I have the impression that the unemploymkent rate in NZ is very low. What seems to be the reason why jobs are elusive? Is it because you don't have the proper visa? Are the salaries offered to low? No job match? I hope you could share us your experience.

We had a long chat with an IT guy here in Chch today , we were actually looking at his rental property but him and Woz got chatting as turned out he was also in IT - he told us that work in Chch, in particular IT, was done by contacts... networking. He said there were many small companies that just don't go through recruitment agencies etc.

In fact, he seemed keen to help Woz find a job and they are chatting later this evening after Woz has emailed him his CV etc.. he said he'd put out some feelers for us too!

We haven't started the job hunting yet... will be doing so in a few weeks time so will keep you posted.

Moorf

In the last 10 days only, I applied for more then 15 job openings as electronics technician, with more then 10 years experience. There are excellent jobs and I don't mind the location and nothing!! I even applied for the same job 2-3 times without any results. My guess is that it is age discrimination and I know it exists

Do you mind me asking how old/young you are Yoji?

I'm glad to share my experience with others but I still would like to have an answer to my question....

"How much ahead can be a job offer to be considered as a legitimate "Job Offer"?

And I'm 54 yo but from my documents it seems that I'm around 45-50

hi yoji2,

welcome to the forum.

maybe it was the age however im not sure. :? anyways, will try to find the email from an agency who hires older ppl (no offense meant)...

will pm you...

jes :angel

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf
    We had a long chat with an IT guy here in Chch today , we were actually looking at his rental property but him and Woz got chatting as turned out he was also in IT - he told us that work in Chch, in particular IT, was done by contacts... networking. He said there were many small companies that just don't go through recruitment agencies etc.
    And that's why people like you need to stay active on these forums - to act as a link to the network and help us out :mrgreen:

J

Hi Yoji,
    I've checked the operations manual and there was nothing that mentions about the effectivity of a job offer. I sent your question to te EOI Team. I'll email you as soon as I got a reply.

-jinkee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast