Thread: Financial Services work

Default Financial Services work

So, much so far about my OH's teaching work in NZ - a little about my potential opportinities.

I currently work in FS Compliance - mortgage market related specifically.

Is there anything equivalent in NZ, I can't see any info about the mortgage market (homeloans) being regulated over there? This kind of means my job doesn;t exist so obviously that's a concern, not that I'm necessarily moving across the globe to pick up where I left off in the UK, I'm not concerned about a job change - I may even look at going back into mortgage sales.

Anyway - any ideas what my closest equivalent might be?

I do also design and implement sales process systems, operational documentation, and internally audit and investigate advisers using a variety of online and PC based systems, so I'm sure those skills are transferable, but it would be good to get some specific direction for my imminent job hunting.

Ta!
    Chris

Victoria24 is in that line of work its work pm ing him for specifics!

hallo!

regulation is coming here in July. Mortgages are escaping many of the provisions for now though. You'll find that the regulator will be looking at introducing this in the future (thin end of the wedge). All the compliance at the mo is around investments. There will however be vacancies at banks as they still need mortgage internal compliance functions to be in place and monitored so i'd have a look on all of their websites. Also, the securities commission is hiring suitable people to bring in the new regs so worth a look there. if you want to know anything specific, feel free to pm

That's great info victoria24, thanks. And cheers Janey for the heads up.

So it's likely that NZ will look to model there compliance function on others countries at keast in some part,(not that the UK's banking structure has a great re at the moment!). I would think that experience of that environment though might be seen as useful when it arrives.

I am obviously qualified (CeMAP, CeSRE, CeRCC), but they don't really mean anything over there - but maybe now having them might be a bonus, even if they're not directly recognised.

That's good news.