Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time taken to process a work permit?

Default Time taken to process a work permit?

Hi,

Given that I already have my medical and police cert, and copies of all my documentation signed by a JP. How long can I expect a work permit application to be processed once I have obtained a job offer?

Thanks,
    Phil

It seems very different from person to person. We are in NZ and lodged WP application on 25Nov (Wellington) - all docs in order, but job not on LSSL or ISSL so labour market check required which can take up to 2 weeks. My OH check was done in 3 days and the outcome was good - no Kiwis available. We then only got a case officer 21Dec and still waiting! My OH applied under the essential skills level 1 policy and the timelines given is 10 working days after CO allocated. So much for that! So I think it depends on branch, job offer and case officer. Good luck!! I do know that job offers on the LSSL can be done some day or next if lodged in person at Wellington branch.

Dunedin branch in 2006 needed around one and half weeks.

In 2008, we had our work permit processed while we sat at the desk. Happened in one day--start to finish.
    In Christchurch.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    In 2008, we had our work permit processed while we sat at the desk. Happened in one day--start to finish.
    In Christchurch.
    Same for my OH.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    In Christchurch.
    My WP took about 7 working days in 2008 (it was not applied in NZ, may be that's why it took a bit longer)

Sadly, it seems these quick processing times are long gone. Know of many struggling since mid 2010 to get it done in less than 4-6 weeks.

hmm, 6 weeks doesn't sound too good.

My field is on the LTSSL, however it sounds like things may move faster if I go in person instead of online, so fingers crossed for a short turn around!

I got mine 7 working days when applied outside NZ

I applied on 2nd december '10 and it came through on 18th Jan '11. My medical went to the assessor for an eye over but was delayed longer due to the christmas break. They finally got my medical back on 11th jan. I had to get a letter from work so they could fast track it. Was approved within 6 hours of getting the letter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast