Thread: Recognized Work Experience

Default Recognized Work Experience

Hello again,

I was trying to find a thread with an answer to my question but I failed. After submitting our EOI, I'm reading about all the Paper that will be needed when/if we get selected and invited to apply. I read the guide for residence application and stopped at the recognized job experience. I would like to know what do they need to see exactly and how do they know it's genuine to prove my work experience?

For example, all of my experience letters are signed by the company HR and it says that I worked for a certain amount of time as a "title" and that I performed my duties well bla bla bla. It doesn't say my actual duties or job description.

I also have copies of my previous appraisals on my email but they aren't certified or anything.

Thanks for the help and sorry if it's repeated

Hi...Welcome...I had the same question in mind.
    What I did was, requested a letter from my employer with all the duties I have carried during my period with them. They asked me to outline the details and after checking with the line manager and HR they gave me a letter explaining the same.

I think itís best to check with your previous and current employer whether they can issue any letters as such.

Hi! My case officer asked for official tax information - W-2 form from the USA from years I claim work experience. I did not keep all of them, but I asked the Internal Revenue Service (the tax collector) to give me transcripts of tax returns.

In Bulgaria there is the Social Security Institute which gather information about job position and wages of each worker in the country. There is also the so-called "Labor book" that each worker has, where each employer records start and end date of employment, position and salary. It is an official document.

The above is just for illustration -- I am sure that INZ knows how to verify if your claimed work experience is genuine. Also tell your present and past employers that INZ may request a phone conference with them to ask about your employment. And finally, in the letters of reference your name, start date, end date and whether employment was full-time (40 hrs/week) or part-time as well as brief explanation of your duties is the minimum required.

Thanks a lot guys.. This is really helpful, I will start gathering the information needed and keep my fingers crossed