Thread: Recognized qualification and EOI

Lightbulb Recognized qualification and EOI

Good day.

Iv'e searched forum but I dint get an answer to question.

Since me and my wife are from Serbia and if you are from Serbia you have to get your qualifications recognized. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Now the question is, do I have to have my diploma recognized (Automotive electrician) before submitting an EOI?

Same question goes for IELTS.

If this is repeating question I'm sorry but I would like to get it in first try and leave to NZ ASAP.

Now while we are on topic, I have other qualifications but they give me less points due lack of experience. Do I have to send them for recognition too for landing a job in those fields?

Best regards,
    Milos

You do not have to provide any documents at all with the EOI. The EOI is setting out what you are saying you can offer to NZ, and you will only be asked to prove each point once you receive an ITA, if you do.

If you eventually gain Residence without any conditions, you will be able to take up any work offered to you.

Most people find it better only to claim just enough qualifications to get them the necessary points to be selected. It can be quite complicated, proving anything, and expensive sometimes, especially where diplomas, testimonials, etc., are originally in another language and would need to be translated into English.

Of course, if you get to the point of being in NZ with Residence, and applying for work, you may well need to prove skills to an agent or employer, but that's a different matter from what you're asking about here.

Thank you for info but following part copied from NZQA site confuses me.

Apply for a Pre-assessment Result

A pre-assessment of a qualification that was gained outside New Zealand is required for an 'Expression of Interest' under Immigration NZ's Skilled Migrant Catergory.

All right, I see where you are at. So you need to have a pre-assessment - that isn't the same as having your diploma recognized. Have a look at the NZQA website, and you will see what the procedure is. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ualifications/

Thank you.

Iv'e looked at procedure and will start it in few days.

I presume that IELTS also have to be done before submitting EOI.

Hello,

Although it doesn't tell you to have an IELTS when you submit the EOI, without a test report number and a score you will not get any points for the recognized qualification. You will also need to apply for a PAR.

Good luck