Thread: Good recruitment consultants in IT (NZ)

Default Good recruitment consultants in IT (NZ)

Hi All,

We are arriving in NZ next month.

I am going through seek and trademe everyday. But am getting a mixed response from consultants.
    I have 5+ years of exp in s/w testing and have worked with good MNCs in India and Singapore.
    Please share your experiences that you all had with recruiters and consultants in IT.
    Also, i need some help to get contacts of good IT consultants which can really help me get a good job in my field (software testing).

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and regards

Hi,
    I'd suggest to plan the trip according to cities (if you have preference), Beyond recruitment, Absolute IT, Hays, Optimation are few that come to me upfront. Do a bit of research on expected salary (IRD website helps to calculate your tax).

I think TechMahndra has one office here in Queenstreet (Auckland) - (and they deal with testing assignments at Telecom), IBM & HP also have offices here.

I'm sure you must have already planned your activities but here are some steps if that helps.
    * Update CV
    * Drop an email & call (if possible) and let recruiters know your availability and when you are intending to be NZ
    * Apply directly to companies with your availability
    * Try networking through Linkedin
    * Prepare/print out basic timetable in excel, just to put tick marks in slots that you are free, you can use this time to familiarise with localities
    * Just search for some threads on what to do after landing here (opening bank account, IRD etc)

Check this thread as well, Fom has posted requirements in their company.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32502

All the best

Thanks...
    You are wonderful like always to shed light to other's path
    Thanks one more time
    Regards

Thx April

IBM and HP hire most of the people through careers section on their websites so as BNZ, ASB, Westpac etc.. so it's worth keeping an eye on that as well.

I think all the recruitment consultants are more or less the same so it really depends on the person you are dealing with. (e.g Mr A from consulting Y would be good but you can not say the same about Mr. B working for the same firm)

Also, when you are emailing your CV, please mention that you are arriving in NZ on so and so date and available for interview etc.. that can help.

Sun777, April18 and Hesh,

Thanks all of you. You are really very helpful here.

Regards

Shooter