Thread: Do we or don't we

Red face Do we or don't we

Hi

we are a family of four still living in the UK. My husband and I wanted to emigrate 10 years ago as a young childless couple (I miss those days!) both with good skills and we fitted all the crieteria. Unfortunately, both dads got ill so couldn't.

Now, 10 years on, we have two sons, one son is 8 and is very disabled and a 3 year old. Our 8 year old needs to sunshine on his body and be near the sea and we need as a family a better life.

My husband is a corporate accountant and needs to slow life down and spend more time with us and our 8 year old.

I have checked out special needs, health care, bungalows and jobs for hubby. Not sure about visa and if we would be refused because of our sons condition.

Is there any advice anyone can give it would help me in my task of fact finding.

I have wanted to do this since I came out to NZ when I was a little girl and am now worried that we can't because of our sons disability.

Start by checking out:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/

and go to :
    A4.10.1 Medical conditions deemed to impose significant costs and/or demands on New Zealand's health and/or education services

Also use the search button on this forum to see if anyone else has immigrated with your son's condition. Best of Luck!!!

Another one to look at is Residence Review Board decisions. This is the last resort for anyone being rejected due to medical complications - you can search for the specific condition and read whether they're successful, estimated costs of treatment etc. It doesn't list info about applications that were approved by the medical assessors though.

It might also be worth seeing if there's some kind of support group or organisation for people with this condition too - they may be able to assist with info about how support and treatment work in NZ, though not immigration itself. More like who pays for what, and they might even have members who've immigrated inspite of their (or their kids') condition too

Best wishes and good luck!

Hello & welcome to the forum.

[QUOTE=sophiedb;393102]Another one to look at is Residence Review Board decisions. This is the last resort for anyone being rejected due to medical complications - you can search for the specific condition and read whether they're successful, estimated costs of treatment etc. It doesn't list info about applications that were approved by the medical assessors though.

That's a really useful site SophieB. Thanks. We declared historic anxiety on the EOI, looks from decisions history that it shouldn't cause any issues. Fingers crosed. It was seven years ago..

Maybe you can contact one of the Immigration Advisors regarding your case. They are expensive but some of them are very receptive and will give you some initial advice for free.

Hello...Welcome and Good Luck with all the steps..