Thread: 4 bedroom houses to rent

Default 4 bedroom houses to rent

We would be looking for a 4 bedroom house in Papamoa district in Bay of Plenty, North Island. I have been looking online and can hardly find anything at all of this size, but there are plenty of 3 bed houses. It is slightly putting me off, does anyone know if there just aren't many houses of 4 bedrooms available to rent?

Thanks,
    Gingerale

Have you tried Trademe?

It took me about 10 seconds to come up with 11 candidates. Price ranges from $350 upwards

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...ch_suggested=0

9 listings on Realestate.co.nz:
    http://www.realestate.co.nz/rental/s...ax_price=30000

I agree that's not a huge number, but I presume the competition is pretty small too

*blinks* YEOUCH!! yep, small pool of potential renters, at those prices...

See my posts on this subject. Looking at the moment and it's a mare.

But, for you especially then don't worry. First off then at the moment it's still holidy season, and many places are either used as a holiday home by the owners, or rented out on a weekly basis. Especially at the mount end, but still the same in Pommie-moa.

We're looking Matua / Bellevue / Otomoetai and havng the same issues, albeit we'd be happy with 3 beds and an office, but the main thing is quality. And that's the real issue, finding a good quality place.

We thought we'd got something, only for the owner to then change their mind and want to sell it whilst rented - open homes every weekend, I don't think so.

Not sure if you're finding it a struggle, but the agents seem spectacurly disinterested in helping. At least the letting agents based around Cameron Road anyway.

But new stuff is appearing each day, I sort on tradme by 'latest listings' to see everything that appears each day in the Bay of Plenty, normally only a dozen or so and interesting to see everything, even if only 1 is in the location / size that we'd consider.

Good luck

Duncan

See all the other posters for "details".

I think in general here in NZ there are really not that many 4 bedroom houses by comparison.

Thanks very much for you input, found some quite nice looking houses, couldn't believe that on some all they photographed were the bathrooms!! I wanted to see the gardens and main seating/eating areas!!!

Gingerale

We just rented our 4 bedroom in Bethlehem and are moving from Auckland next Sat... woohoo!!!!

Yes, there isn't many 4 bedroom out there and for me, I was particular about having at least 2 bathroom/toilets. Many advertise as 1 bathroom meaning 1 ensuite. Actually needed to read the advert carefully, scrutinise photos to see if there is more toilets!!! I've got 2 kids that absolutely love to hit the loo at the exact same time so 2 toilets in my household is critical!!

All the best in your hunt as as Duncan mention, set the trade me search to latest listing.

Trade me is good - but must scan every day so as not to miss stuff.
    Found my rental this way, luckily for me the JAFFA who veiwed it first didn't like it!

Not surprised considering the manky carpets, cockroaches, filth & junk we dealt with . . . but all said n done we have a lovely 4 bed home overlooking the harbour close enough but not too close the the thriving holiday town of Whanagamata to enjoy now for the sum of $275/wk.
    and loving it . . . . .