Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wowzer, passport photos!!!

Default wowzer, passport photos!!!

$6 each in pharmacy!!

We need 3 each, 4 of us to send off our passports to have IRRV stamped, all pharmacys same price, nearly $80!!!!

Cant be right surely, £4 for back in blighty!!

Buying a printer and getting it done sounds cheaper, last time I got mine in UK was about the same £4/£5, didnt get any in last 3 months but $6 per copy !!!

we did ours on a photo printer that my father in law had, you just need to make sure the size is correct per NZ requirements (which aren't that stringent). Alternately, using a photoshop type program create a standard photo sized image containing multiple passport photos, then take this to a photo shop on a USB key or SD card , have them print them up, then cut them out yourself.

We did this for our PR application, they were used mainly for the medicals and they were sent along with the applications, i assume they are in storage somewhere as they are not part of our visa in our passport.

Cheers

Just paid $60 for 3 of us to have them done, sent 2 each off for IRRV then they returned them with the passports....we could have just gone and sat in the office so they could check we were who we said we were and saved ourselves the dosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Just paid $60 for 3 of us to have them done, sent 2 each off for IRRV then they returned them with the passports....we could have just gone and sat in the office so they could check we were who we said we were and saved ourselves the dosh!
    How long did the passports take to come back?

I just did a search of this forum to see if anyone else was shocked and appalled at the cost of passport photos and was very happy to find this thread and see that we were not the only ones! Taking care of our permanent residency visa applications now (formerly known as IRRV), and had to pay $38 at a Kodak store in the mall for 2 of us. Insanity.
    I asked the guy how many photos we're getting for that price, and he said 8 each. But we only need 2!! Unfortunately he was not willing to give us and charge us only for what we needed...
    I guess passport photos can go in the category of "paper goods" - along with books, magazines, greeting cards -- always shockingly expensive.
    lindsay

So are there no "Photo Me" booths or similar in NZ? I would have thought that they would have been an essential part of the Kiwi "kiss me quick" beach culture.

There could be a business opportunity there for someone.

We used on online passport picture provider and printed off at home. You just need to select the country for which the photos are required so the correct size is selected. Easy, no hassle, much cheaper and all our pictures were approved

Ditto YouMeAndThree. I've used that service before. They have the free version whereby you get the image to print it yourself, which I did on my inkjet and photo paper. Alternatively you could bring it to places like Warehouse Stationery where they do cheap photo printing.

Sorry, but the photos were a fortune in Manchester too. £12 for 4 photos IIRC with no discount available for the number we needed. So we did the home print (easy as I have a very high quality photo printer), printing out sheets onto a4 and trimmign from there.

Let's not pick on NZ, especially as you can get digital photos printed for 99c a photo, and from memory then you can get 4 passport photos per standard 6"x4" print.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast