Thread: Somerfield- A good Area to live???

Default Somerfield- A good Area to live???

Hi all!

Me and my OH have been doing some serious research on areas in Christchurch and we have narrowed down our desired areas to these;
    1) Somerfield
    2) St Martins
    3) Mt Pleasant

I think we definitely want to be in this side of the city although we have not set that statement in stone. We have friends in Sumner and we really want a good school for our daughter.

Has anyone got any views on these 3 areas? It would be useful to hear your opinions.

Many Thanks x

Hi Cherry,
    We live in Hillsborough which borders St Martins. St Martins is a great place to live. Nice little local shops, great park at Hansen park, great access to the port hills, lovely river walks and a 10 minute car ride, or 15 minute bus ride in to the CBD. Our little one is only 8 months now but St Martins school has a great reputation and our friends kids love it. I think Somerfield and St Martins both come under Cashmere High catchment.
    Somerfield is a nice area too, just not quite as green as St Martins. No idea on Mt Pleasant I'm afraid.

Cheers

Gareth

hi cherry i see ur still looking , umm same with us 1 minute its nelson then christchurch the good thing is nz as a whole seems a positive move, keep up the good work
    regards luke x

Quote Originally Posted by lindreth View Post
    Hi Cherry,
    We live in Hillsborough which borders St Martins. St Martins is a great place to live. Nice little local shops, great park at Hansen park, great access to the port hills, lovely river walks and a 10 minute car ride, or 15 minute bus ride in to the CBD. Our little one is only 8 months now but St Martins school has a great reputation and our friends kids love it. I think Somerfield and St Martins both come under Cashmere High catchment.
    Somerfield is a nice area too, just not quite as green as St Martins. No idea on Mt Pleasant I'm afraid.

Cheers

Gareth
    Thanks Gareth! Its difficult trying to get a feel of somewhere purely by internet viewing so its really good to hear what other people have to say that are already there!! Thank you so much.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by roky1983 View Post
    hi cherry i see ur still looking , umm same with us 1 minute its nelson then christchurch the good thing is nz as a whole seems a positive move, keep up the good work
    regards luke x
    Certainly am Luke! But we are 100% set on christchurch, just the areas we are looking at now, but schools are the deciding factor i think. Nelson is gorgeous though, we did talk about moving there in the early stages of our application but felt we would be more suited to christchurch.

Jen x