Thread: Almost Time

Default Almost Time

Well,

It's been a while in the making, but finally my husband has his student visa, and me and my 2 kids have visitors visas, we leave in 2 weeks.

Hopefully from there we can eventually find jobs etc...

does anyone know specifically when we land what they will ask for at the border?

Do I need to prove finances or anything like that at the border (because we have a 1-way ticket) or just our visas?

Thanks

Hi…If this is your first time to NZ they will check bit thoroughly....please have all the relevant documents to prove your husband's enrollment to University and other civil certificates to prove the relationship to your husband apart from that the rest such as financial details you have to check with your CO.

Good luck!!! Have a safe flight!

Thanks for the response...that is stuff I wouldn't have even thought they would look at, although I was planning on bringing it on my carryon anyways because I wouldn't want those documents to get lost.

So I don't need to prove finances again at the border. Also forgive me for asking but what is a CO?

I am sorry, April 18, I don't think that is right- if there is a visa sticker in the passport, no one at the border will prove anything, because it was already done while aplying for the visa.

We came with student/ visitor visas when we first arrived and our passports just got the resp.permits stamped in, nothing else.

You do not have to show all your documentation, I am pretty sure!