Thread: Travel Insurance

Default Travel Insurance

Hi,

Just looking for some advise really, I am in New Zealand on a multi entry work visa.

I am planning on going over to Australia on holiday and looking for some travel insurance.

Getting a bit confussed over where I can get it from, policy wording for NZ you seem to have to be a resident and UK policys you need to be in the UK.

Any advise!!

I went away for work and had the same problem, I got the budget version of travel insurance.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the company but it is available to non-permanent residents, there was I think just a lower amount to be paid out in the case of a claim.

We always used Travel Insurance Direct http://www.directtravelinsurance.co.nz/.

If you type in 'TIDTHANKS' in the special promotion code box, you'll get a $10 discount.

Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    We always used Travel Insurance Direct http://www.directtravelinsurance.co.nz/.

If you type in 'TIDTHANKS' in the special promotion code box, you'll get a $10 discount.
    I am also looking for travel insurance, and I am wondering if anyone else would recommend this one. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Toby,

You might want to start a new thread for your questions, but in the meantime: I used MigrateSafe when I moved over last year, as they were the only ones that would cover the amounts needed for the computer and SLR gear that I was travelling with. They weren't cheap (nearly $500 NZD) but they were pretty good to deal with, answered questions promptly, etc. The acid test (making a claim) wasn't necessary in my case, so YMMV...

Cheers,

Adi