Thread: Price of Contact Lenses

Default Price of Contact Lenses

How much do you pay for contact lenses? Do you buy them locally or do you buy them online. Do you buy in New Zealand or do you find it better to shop around and buy overseas?

I shopped around and tried to find the best price. I use clearlycontacts.co.nz

I think the stuff comes from Canada.

I did do a comparison with US prices and found that when I adjusted the currency etc, that these were pretty competitively priced.

Mrs 74 uses www.contacts2go.co.nz and found they were exactly the same as the ones she had from D&A/Boots in the UK for the same price at today's exchange rate.

We use www.coastalcontacts.com (which is the same source as clearlycontacts.co.nz based in North America) but at about 1/3 less the cost for soflens toric lenses. We discovered a 15% off voucher by googling and they didn't charge for postage if the order was more than a certain amount (can't remember exactly but 3 boxes for each eye did it).

I ended up using clearlycontacts.co.nz because when I ordered 4 boxes of contacts, I got free glasses

and they recently just ran another special where I got another pair of free glasses without buying any contacts

I LOVE FREE!!!!

I ordered from daysoft.com. Costs me £4.99 for 30 of each daily wear lens. I was amazed that the order price was the same whether delived to the UK or NZ!!!!

I used clearlycontacts.co.nz for a pair of glasses as I thought they were cheaper than getting them here.

However it took ages to get them (they are shipped from the US so be prepared to wait a while) and when they did arrive, they lasted less than a year before they had to be replaced - the expensive scratch-resistant coating had obviously not been applied to one of the lenses, it was scratched to hell and back. Not the other lens though! Couldn't look through them without getting double/blurred vision, so went to Specsavers here for a replacement. Cost - about the same, but got 2 pairs of glasses (free sunnies!) and they arrived in less than 2 weeks

I have used contacts2go for the past 3 years but I decided to shop around this time around.

90 pairs of focus dailies would have cost me $150-$160 through them, I went with quicklens in the end and got them for $126, took a week to ship from Singapore.

Thanks to you all for this information. From what you’ve said, it looks like buying contact lenses in New Zealand makes good sense.