Thread: Auckland then what?

Cool Auckland then what?

My beloved new zealanders friends!

So far, I've enjoying some of the help I got from here and somewhere there... :-)

We've decided to stay in Auckland but since Auckland is pretty big, I am getting hard time picking what district.

My lists are Mt. Albert, Waitakere particularly in west harbour and possibly St. Johns.

So, I need some recommendations to those who stayed or know about these location. Some of my reasons for choosing it because:

1. affordable house rent ( budget is from 300 to 350 pw )
    2. near to mall and schools ( can easily walk too )
    3. internet access ( important because of my business )
    4. good for family

If you think there are other location better than what I have, please post. I need to know. You can save 1 family :-)

Also, about internet connection, is there a 10 or 100Mbps connection? Or the maximum is 24Mbps ?

Appreciate for all your help.

Jones

Just from my experience, I think you will have trouble finding suitable accommodation in Mt. Albert with that budget. We are looking for a 3 bedroom house in Mt. Albert, 500-600 pw, and the competition is very fierce. At a viewing we went to yesterday, the agent ran out of applications.
    I'm not sure about internet speed, but it is our understanding that pretty much every house in the city will have high speed internet available (my OH is in IT, and will work from home).

Quote Originally Posted by jones View Post
    Also, about internet connection, is there a 10 or 100Mbps connection? Or the maximum is 24Mbps ?
    Most places in Auckland maximum is 24Mbps but you would be lucky to get that unless you are right by an exchange or cabinet.

VDSL is currently being rolled out but I don't think it is commercially available yet - Telecom Wholesale have a tool that will let you know when / if it is scheduled to be rolled out in a location:

http://www.telecomwholesale.co.nz/tw...c4ddfc582f5ccd

We might settle in Avondale and yes, we found house for 360 already with 3 bedrooms :-)

Thank you for your comments.