Thread: Multiple occupations

Default Multiple occupations

Good day, again . ..

Hope I'm not tiring everyone reading this forum but I have a question that troubles me.

After reading INZ1105 I'm in doubt because few things.

I have multiple occupations, some of them are/were full time, some part time but in the same time of full time job and some I worked from time to time but as part of flight club (in this I haven't been paid but worked-to-balance my club's account).

Now to list them all:

1.1. from 1994 to 2006 - full time Automotive electrician - Company "Liber Trade ltd" (maintaining company car park, owned by my father)
    1.2. from 1997 to 2006 - part time IT manager/engineer - Company "Liber Trade ltd" (Design and maintenance of company and LAN network and servers, owned by my father)
    1.3. From 2006 to 2010 - Full time IT engineer - State penitentiary in Sremska Mitrovica (Computer maintenance, user education, database engineering, server setups, master programmer assistant, . . .)
    1.4. From 2010 to 2010 - Full time IT engineer - Dermamedica ltd (network design and maintenance, design of user protocols for medical lasers, service database design and maintenance, User education in laser safety, web design, site maintenance, user database design and maintenance, . . .)

For unregistered work I had following:

1.5. From 2003 to 2010 - By contract (better called agreement) in local flight school - Pilot ground training (teaching students in theoretical subjects required for obtaining pilot license, airport safety, operating glider winch, advanced flying for soaring gliders, . . . .)

1.6. From 2003 to 2010 - Variety of private airplane owners - AdHoc pilot on variety of airplane types (hence total flight time in excess of 1000 hrs)

Now for certificates and diplomas I have following:

1. Automotive electrician diploma (secondary education)
    2. Mechanical engineer diploma (post-secondary education - 2.5 (5 semesters))
    3. Glider pilot license with instructor rating
    4. Commercial pilot license with multiengine and instrument rating and ATPL theory credit.

If someone can give me an answer to following questions I'll be most grateful:

1. Can I claim points on all of mine certificates/diplomas or only one?
    2. Can I claim any points on work experience without diploma/certificate (IT)?
    3. Can I claim points for part time work that was done in parallel to full time work?
    4. Is work done in Serbia accepted as work experience?
    5. Is work done in my flight club applicable for some points because it didn't had any money transfer but I had earned my yearly fee, flight time, instructor training, etc.)?

Thank's in advance for any input,
    Milos

1. Can I claim points on all of mine certificates/diplomas or only one?

You can claim points for one qualification only, it is up to you which one you choose but teh one with higher level is recommended. For example if someone have bachelors and masters qualification, obviously he/she will choose the higher one. If you have two same level qualifications e.g two master degrees, you can only claim points for one.

2. Can I claim any points on work experience without diploma/certificate (IT)?

This is a bit tricky, my opinion is if you claim points for a qualification only then you can claim points for work experience and that work should be related to that qyalification.

I am not sure if you can claim points for work experience in the scenario where you do not claim any point for qualification. Someone may comment on it.

3. Can I claim points for part time work that was done in parallel to full time work?

In my opinion NO.

4. Is work done in Serbia accepted as work experience?

INZ have a list of comparable labour market (I doubt serbia is listed there). However, if that work experience is in a multinational company (with headquarter in comparable labour market countries), INZ will recognise it.

5. Is work done in my flight club applicable for some points because it didn't had any money transfer but I had earned my yearly fee, flight time, instructor training, etc.)?

Not sure about this question but INZ will ask payslips, tax returns, employer letter to award points for that particular work experience.

I am sure someone with more experience will also give feedback here.
    Last edited by rizjunior; 24th January 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Thank you for answers.

I have one doubt left regarding experience. Didn't it say if it's done in comparable labour market or in occupation of skills shortage?

I'm planning to apply as automotive electrician, in that field I have over 10 years of experience, but I didn't work in that occupation for almost 5 years. Can this be a problem?

This was my father's company, hope that isn't a problem?

Now for bonus points. If I worked in future growth areas such is ICT but had no diploma, only internal company training, can I claim points for that?

Thank's
    Milos

My knowledge is not up to date for the first part of your question, so wait if someone else can comment on it.

Regarding your work experience, you will get points for 10 years experience, however, the last 5 years gap in that particular area will probably put off case officer but since points system is straight forward and if you get points for othe attributes, I suppose case officer will have to think several times to reject your application. Why don't you start again......? its obviously your father's company.

To claim bonus points for future growth area, you need to have a job offer from NZ, otherwise no points will be awarded.