Thread: WTR to PR conditions

Default WTR to PR conditions

Hi all,

We'd like to know the general conditions for skilled migrants to turn their WTR visas to PR visas..
    I mean the conditions for the job they require - for example, need it be a permanent job? Need it match the nominated occupation in the application or can the applicant seek conversion to PR for any skilled job?

We still haven't received our passports back with the WTR visa stamp and any and all conditions on the WTR are supposed to be sent along with it. So value any information you can provide on this regard as we are already looking for jobs.

Thanks

JOB: Skilled job in your area. You must stay in that job for three months. It has to be permanent or atleast one year contract. Salary must be according to market rate.

@ Rizjunior,
    I see in your signature that it took 7 months for you to get your full NZQA assessment.What took it so long? I am in a same situation and quite worried if it takes so long.
    Did you get ITA before or after you applied for NZQA full assessment?
    After you receive ITA they give you 4 months to lodge ITA. But if the NZQA takes 7 months for assessment how can you meet the deadline.
    I did NZQA PAR for EOI and got selected and then received ITA. I have already applied for full assessment and I have 3.5 months to go for ITA deadline. Do they extend ITA deadline if we dont get full assessment on time?
    Thanks in advance.

No I got my NZQA in 22 days, the day I submitted. You are probably looking at EOI and NZQA dates. I did NZQA after ITA was issued.

You can pay extra to expedite NZQA assesment. To get the extension for ITA sumbission, you can contact your CO (if required). They may extend or will let you submit ITA without NZQA and you can submit NZQA once you get report. Beware if you dont get required assesment level and your points drop, you will loose all fees.

The best way for you to meet ITA timeline is to go for fast track IQA that normally takes 20 working days. In few cases it is observed that NZIS did not extend ITA submission timeline. however in worst case they may ask you to submit ITA within specified timeframe and submit IQA report later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MK33 View Post
    @ Rizjunior,
    I see in your signature that it took 7 months for you to get your full NZQA assessment.What took it so long? I am in a same situation and quite worried if it takes so long.
    Did you get ITA before or after you applied for NZQA full assessment?
    After you receive ITA they give you 4 months to lodge ITA. But if the NZQA takes 7 months for assessment how can you meet the deadline.
    I did NZQA PAR for EOI and got selected and then received ITA. I have already applied for full assessment and I have 3.5 months to go for ITA deadline. Do they extend ITA deadline if we dont get full assessment on time?
    Thanks in advance.