Thread: trying to work out My Qualification and what level its equivalent to

Default trying to work out My Qualification and what level its equivalent to

Dear All,
    hope someone might be able to give me an idea on something..

I filled in my online EOI months back..but due to impending christmas, didnt submit (due to credit card taking a beating in the run up to Santa's visit) and was going to get that done..but had a thought...

My Application is based on the fact I'm in the Long Term Shortage skills list with my occupation and my highest qualification is a BTEC National diploma in Computer Studies (so its an IT qual)..now the LTSSL mentions the occupation, and mentioned in the next column says to qualify for extra points must be level 7 (post grad) etc...sort of got me wondering what my National diploma was actually equivalent to in NZ terms...and if it was even relevant to claim the extra points..

Any help..as always, is greatly appreciated
    Jamie

whoops..think I should have posted this in another thread stream..my bad!

Found this ages ago, should still be accurate

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/25502.htm

Get a pre-assessment done and they will tell you about the level.

Hi Starkus...seen that list already...bit vague but ta none the less...and Webminster...pre-assessment? where's this then?

I reckon that I have enough points...but do suspect they wont allow for the Qual points (as it doesnt match the exact wording) so will probably doc the points from the 125 I thought I had...oh well still over 100 so thats the main point I guess!

Pre-assessment (or full assessment, for more money, and with someone doing a detailed examination of documents relating to whatever course you did) is available from NZQA. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ualifications/