Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uk £ to NZ $

Question Uk £ to NZ $

Hi all,

Ahead of our hopeful move we want to move a lump sum from the UK to NZ to add to some savings my wife already has there. Can anyone recommend a company they have used which users a good rate and low fees?

I've spoken to our bank but the exchange rate they are offering is very poor.

Thanks in advance

Mark

There is a recent thread here with several personal recommendations. In general use a reputable currency firm and not a high street bank to obtain the best deal.

I have found HIFX efficient and reliable. You need to choose your timing as the exchange rate is quite volatile at the moment.

NEVER use a bank! We use Moneycorp mostly, but we've heard good things about Hifx and various others. Much better exchange rates than banks - they're for holiday money really. It's all fairly simple - go to one of their websites or all of them and sign up (as you're not committed to using any of them) and exchange as and when you need to.

We only exchange small amounts at the moment - just to get by, as the exchange is soooooo bad. Leaving the house money in the UK till things pick up.

Thank you both for the advice, much appreciated, I have set up an account with xe.com who seem to have good rates and good reviews on the other thread.

Set up accounts with all of them and compare on the day you transfer - you're not tied to anyone, so just as well to have all the options.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Set up accounts with all of them and compare on the day you transfer - you're not tied to anyone, so just as well to have all the options.
    Great in theory if you don't have to phone as the rate keeps changing on you as I found out trying to play the online/phone tag game

We used TorFX gave good rate and no charges they based in cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    NEVER use a bank!
    Why not? You can get a very good rate from them e.g. if you use their migrant banking service and are moving large amounts.

Ian

HIFX impressed me this week. Instructed 9:30pm NZ time on Monday night, and it's in my NZ account this morning. So less than 36 hours later.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

We used UK Forex and have had pretty much flawless service from them. The money is always in NZ faster than they say it will be. They offer the first two transactions for free (regardless of size), then after that you have to transfer a minimum of GBP 3,000 for it to be free. If you're transferring less it's a GBP 7 charge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast