Thread: Contact address on WTR appliation

Question Contact address on WTR appliation

Hi,

Small issue when completing the WTR application form...
    It asks for a contact address in NZ. I found a thread on the forum where it is advised to put the hotel we will be staying in but as we'd be going only after almost 3 months we are not decided on that.

My question is, should we actually book the hotel before putting it down? I mean are they going to check with the hotel? If not, can I just put a hotel which I think is ok in the city we'd be going to without a reservation?

Thanks

If you have some friend or relative, you can mention use their address. It's best to inform the friend/relative in advance, to avoid any surprises if the immigration contacts them.

If you don't have anyone as such, try to make a temporary reservation at a hotel in the city you are initially moving to and use their address to fill the WTR form.

Do they actually check the place you mention if its a hotel?
    For us, the dates are not fixed yet all... it may vary up to 3-4 weeks so we are not decided on the hotel to stay in either (still doing research on that)
    Besides if by luck we manage to get a job offer we'd have to move to the city the job requires.
    Making a reservation is costly as the places I checked out deducts one day's fee anyway so don't want to be doing that as I'm 99% sure we'd not be going on the day we reserve now :-)

Has anyone here provided the details of a hotel without making a reservation and was that alright?

Thanks

You can reserve a hotel from this site http://www.booking.com and in most cases it does not charge any fee if its cancelled up to 1 or 2 days before arrival. I have booked and cancelled from this site many times and its a pretty reliable site.

Since you have about 3 monts, if you reserve just before you sent out your WTR application, (assuming the visa will be stamped with in a couple of weeks) you will have ample time to cancel the reservation. But one point to note is, upon your arrival you'll have to fill out the NZ address in your arrival card, and I dont know whether the immigration officer would check that one with the one in the system, (highly unlikely, but I wouldnt want to take the risk) So best option would be to (if you dont have any friends in NZ) use a hotel address with a tempory booking, and when your travel dates are fixed try to book the same hotel for at least the first few nights. But if you have a good reason like getting job interviews in a different city, you can of course explain the situation to the immigration officer at the air port (in the unlikely event of them raising a qustion of non matching addresses)

hope this helps

This thread might help

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30458

You may drop a PM to Rizjunior, he's a very helpful guy and has gone through this process earlier.

They don't check.

Quote Originally Posted by slatdb View Post
    Do they actually check the place you mention if its a hotel?
    For us, the dates are not fixed yet all... it may vary up to 3-4 weeks so we are not decided on the hotel to stay in either (still doing research on that)
    Besides if by luck we manage to get a job offer we'd have to move to the city the job requires.
    Making a reservation is costly as the places I checked out deducts one day's fee anyway so don't want to be doing that as I'm 99% sure we'd not be going on the day we reserve now :-)

Has anyone here provided the details of a hotel without making a reservation and was that alright?

Thanks

Thank you all very much. We made a temporary booking.

so glad to find this thread...

dear rizjunior and slatdb,
    since we will stay at my sister's home for the first months, is it OK to mention her address at WTR application form?
    and how much money should we show and send for WTR application? since we have good and safe accommodation at my sister's home

any comment will be very very appreciated )