Thread: Mt Albert

Default Mt Albert

Hi everyone,

We've been in Auckland for 2 years, having moved from Australia. We own a house in Torbay/Browns Bay.

My wife has just gone back to work (Parnell), so the commute for both of us into the city is just too long, given that we have tiny children.

We've decided to move closer to the city.

We have found a house in Mt Albert that seems good, it is on Mt Albert road though.

Road noise is an issue, but I wonder if there is anything else about Mt Albert I need to know?

Schools are Gladstone School, Marist and Mt Albert Grammar.

On the flip side - we'll be selling our home in Torbay privately, we think it's something special. If anyone is interested in this area (we're classed as Torbay but are actually closer to Browns Bay), let me know as it's not on the market yet.

It's 5 bed, 2 bath, 2 living, huge deck, covered playroom for the kids, pool, garage, built in jungle gym and treehouse, even has a creek at the bottom of the land.

MAGS didn't have a good reputation but the localisation of Indian and Chinese students has brought up its GPA

Your location/house is one many would be envious of. The schools in the area are all great too.

We really like the asian malls (well, warehouses with a collection of Asian shops) along New North Rd, they have cheap produce stores and yummy chinese bakeries.

It's also a really easy commute into the CBD. Kingsland isn't far, and it has some trendy cafes etc.